file Card costs and when/how pay it

08 Apr 2017 03:35 - 08 Apr 2017 03:39 #81387 by Sydnelson
My local playgroup always questioning about usage of Ankara Citadel then I create this topic.

Is need to have entire blood on vampire when I announce the action even if will only pay half by Ankara Citadel text?

Example: A Tremere with 1 blood can try to recruit a Procurer that cost 2 blood?

I think no since rulebook section 6.2 says you need fulfill all requirements (including costs) when announce the action.

Another example: A Tremere with 2 blood try to recruit a Procurer that cost 2 blood, in the middle of action they (hope I use new wording correct here) plays an inferior Alacritivy that cost 2 blood but spend only 1 blood in the end due Ankara effect makes the Tremere with 1 blood when action reaches to end. Then when the action it is success since when I declare the action I fulfill costs requirements and Ankara reduce its costs or action fizzle since I don`t have blood to pay for each before use Ankara effect?

This query also makes me think in another one...

When use Charisma or Therboldy Realty and many other cards that increase or reduce costs I also need to have all card cost when I play the card or I can use the effect of those cards before check the payment requirements? The text of Ankara says "you pays only half" and those cards says, "you pay one more/less" due that my doubt.

Example: Enkidu with 1 blood and Charisma can plays a Raptor that cost 2 blood?

Example: A player with 1 pool and a Therboldy Realty can plays a Protected Resources? (I know, in this case the player will self-oust but I use it only as an example)

Ankara Citadel, Turkey, The, Equipment, 2 blood
This equipment card represents a unique location and does not count as equipment while in play. The vampire with this location pays only half of the blood cost for any cards he or she plays (round down).

Therbold Realty
Master: unique location. Locations cost you 1 less blood or pool.

Charisma
Unique master. Put this card on a ready vampire. This vampire's recruit ally actions cost 1 less blood or pool (but never less than 0 blood or pool).

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 08 Apr 2017 03:39 by Sydnelson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2017 03:08 - 09 Apr 2017 03:10 #81395 by Boris The Blade

Ankara Citadel, Turkey, The, Equipment, 2 blood
This equipment card represents a unique location and does not count as equipment while in play. The vampire with this location pays only half of the blood cost for any cards he or she plays (round down).

That text is outdated. Ankara Citadel was errated to follow the same template as Therbold Realty and Charisma.

Therbold Realty
Master: unique location. Locations cost you 1 less blood or pool.

Charisma
Unique master. Put this card on a ready vampire. This vampire's recruit ally actions cost 1 less blood or pool (but never less than 0 blood or pool).

Emphasis mine. Those cards modify the cost of the affected cards, and that is valid for all situations where the cost is relevant, including being able to play the card, paying for it at resolution, and deciding whether effects like Cavalier trigger.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2017 03:10 by Boris The Blade.

More
10 Apr 2017 09:37 #81405 by Sydnelson
Hmmm card text updated.
Is very hard to track all those card texts changes everytime.

Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

More
10 Apr 2017 12:14 #81407 by Ankha

My local playgroup always questioning about usage of Ankara Citadel then I create this topic.

Is need to have entire blood on vampire when I announce the action even if will only pay half by Ankara Citadel text?

Example: A Tremere with 1 blood can try to recruit a Procurer that cost 2 blood?

I think no since rulebook section 6.2 says you need fulfill all requirements (including costs) when announce the action.

He can because the action costs him 1 blood only.

Another example: A Tremere with 2 blood try to recruit a Procurer that cost 2 blood, in the middle of action they (hope I use new wording correct here) plays an inferior Alacritivy that cost 2 blood but spend only 1 blood in the end due Ankara effect makes the Tremere with 1 blood when action reaches to end. Then when the action it is success since when I declare the action I fulfill costs requirements and Ankara reduce its costs or action fizzle since I don`t have blood to pay for each before use Ankara effect?

The recruit action costs him 1 blood. During the action he spends 1 blood to pay the Alacrity, leaving him with 1 blood, which is enough to pay the recruit action.

When use Charisma or Therboldy Realty and many other cards that increase or reduce costs I also need to have all card cost when I play the card or I can use the effect of those cards before check the payment requirements?

The cost reduction is applied immediately, meaning you can play a card that costs originally 2 blood with a vampire with 1 blood.

The text of Ankara says "you pays only half"

Not anymore.

Example: Enkidu with 1 blood and Charisma can plays a Raptor that cost 2 blood?

Yes.

Example: A player with 1 pool and a Therboldy Realty can plays a Protected Resources? (I know, in this case the player will self-oust but I use it only as an example)

Yes.

Hmmm card text updated.
Is very hard to track all those card texts changes everytime.

The official cardtext can always been found here: www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/cardlist.txt:

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Apr 2017 12:29 - 31 Mar 2021 16:37 #81408 by Sydnelson

The official cardtext can always been found here: www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/cardlist.txt:

Thanks for reply.

I know location of the official updated card texts, but is very hard keep updated since there is many changes all the time.

I`m prince of Rio de Janeiro, participate of many tournament per year also helping as a judge, manage Lackey and OCTGN online platforms, help keeping in maintaining ARDB, FELD and VampiDoid. Due that I'm always try to be updated with latest info, card texts and news but is very hard. With this I think if is hard to me be updated imagine to a normal player, that don`t access vekn every week or don't have time memorize or print those constant changes?

Sorry for my weak English but I believe you could understand what meant.

Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 16:37 by Sydnelson.

More
10 Apr 2017 13:21 - 10 Apr 2017 13:25 #81409 by Ankha

I know locate the official updated cardtext list but is very hard keep updated since there is many changes all the time.

I`m prince of Rio de Janeiro, participate of many tournament per year also helping as a judge, manage Lackey and OCTGN online platforms, help keeping in mantaining ARDB, FELD and VampiDoid. Due that Im always try to be updated with lastest info, card texts and news but is very hard. With this I think if is hard to me be updated imagine to a normal player, that don`t access vekn every week or don`t have time memorize or print those constant changes?

I'm perplex because it hasn't changed since 2016-01-17 when the new cards of Anarch Unbound were added (other cards were left unchanged).

There's a "living" CSV that gets updated from times to times, but the official cardtext is the one I linked, and it changes rarely (though there's a big update coming).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 10 Apr 2017 13:25 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds