file Narrow Minds card.

26 Jun 2017 17:34 #82353 by chake
Narrow Minds card. was created by chake
Is this an event card? I know it gets played during my discard phase but how long is it in play for? Thanks
Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2017 20:23 #82362 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic Narrow Minds card.
"Inconnu. Do not replace until your untap phase.
Minion cards that change the target of a bleed cost an additional blood or life. "

The little crescent moon icon on the card means it's an event.
"inconnu" is the event type (only used with other cards interacting with that keyword)

Nothing on the card about removing it after X time or uses.

Rule book states this about events:
"1.6.4. Event Cards

Event cards are played to represent events that affect the World of Darkness as a whole. Once each discard phase, a Methuselah may use a discard phase action to put an event card into play. Each event can only be played once in a game. An event card is controlled by the Methuselah who played it, by default."

Nothing there about them timing out automatically.

So, it stays in play until someone does something about it (if they can). or the controller is removed from the game.

More
26 Jun 2017 21:14 #82363 by chake
Replied by chake on topic Narrow Minds card.
"inconnu" is the event type (only used with other cards interacting with that keyword)

Not sure what you mean about cards interacting with that keyword.
If I put it in play it will target anyone that tries to redirect a bleed correct? It will be the only inconnu card in the deck and only event card for that matter

Im just getting back into the game so some of the new stuff is confusing me bit

Thanks

More
26 Jun 2017 22:35 #82366 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic Narrow Minds card.
From memory, theres nothing in the game that specifically refers to 'inconnu' other than the event cards themselves.
I guess it might have been a key word that would/may get future cards interact specifically with them.

Similarly: Other events may be 'Gehenna' events. Of which there are a good amount of vampires/masters/action cards that have special text referring to Gehenna events.

Yes, will affect all players at the table (including yourself, but if you were able to bounce, i doubt youd bother with the event =p)

personally i use it in my samedi bleed deck and my FoS obf/pre bleed as i cant/dont bounce with them.

More
26 Jun 2017 22:52 #82367 by chake
Replied by chake on topic Narrow Minds card.
Thanks for clarifying everything. I just don't want it to stop the game to try and find a ruling. Making sure my bases are covered.

Thanks again

More
27 Jun 2017 10:56 #82373 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Narrow Minds card.
Inconnu is just another keyword (that doesn't YET have any relevance to anything.)

Other keywords in Events are: Gehenna, Government, Inquisition, Transient.
There are also keywordless Event'.

I don't recall any other keyword besides Gehenna having YET any effect to the game (some cards, for example, take into account how many Gehenna Events are in play). In future some upcoming cards might do likewise with other keywords.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds