file Question about Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar

14 Jul 2017 23:56 #82593 by mjvtes521
How much pool do you gain to burn an ally that cost x blood? For example, if you have a reanimated corpse at superior thanatosis that your vampire paid 2 blood to bring into play with 4 pathos counters on it, how much do you get from burning it with Khobar Towers? I assume 2, but just making sure, since "the blood or pool cost of that ally" is variable.

What if that vampire had ankara citadel or Charisma? Meaning that vampire only had to pay 1 (if they had one of those) or 0 blood (if they had both)? Then do you still get 2 pool when you use Khobar Towers, or do you get 1 or 0? Sorry if somebody asked this already, but I couldn't find it. Here are the relevant card texts:

Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar
Master
Follower of Set
[2 Pool]

Master: unique location.
Tap during your untap phase to remove a ready minion you control from the game and gain X pool, where X is the capacity of that vampire or the blood or pool cost of that ally.

Reanimated Corpse
Ally
[Thanatosis]

[X Blood]

Zombie with 2 life. 2 strength, 2 bleed.
[thn] Put X pathos counters on this corpse when it enters play. During your untap phase, burn 1 pathos counter. Remove the corpse from the game if it has no pathos counters. The corpse can play combat cards that require basic Fortitude [for] as a vampire.
[THN] As above, but put 2 additional pathos counters on the corpse.

Ankara Citadel, Turkey, The
Equipment
Tremere

[2 Blood]

This equipment card represents a location and does not count as equipment while in play. Unique.
Cards that cost blood cost this vampire half as much blood to play (round down).

Charisma
Master

Unique master.
Put this card on a ready vampire. This vampire's recruit ally actions cost 1 less blood or pool (but never less than 0 blood or pool).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2017 07:33 #82596 by Blooded Sand

How much pool do you gain to burn an ally that cost x blood? -snip-

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/M1snoR2msbQ/jVeEh88-ztsJ

You gain x, where x is what was paid

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
15 Jul 2017 18:45 #82599 by mjvtes521

Thanks for that link. However, my interpretation of that link is that you gain x pool, NOT what you paid. X is what you declared it to be when you played the corpse card, half of x rounded down is what you paid (if you had ankara). So if you have ankara and you declared x to be 4, you pay 2 blood to recruit the corpse, and you gain 4 pool if you burn the corpse by using khobar towers. Right?

If you had both ankara and charisma, and you declared x to be 4, you would pay 1 blood to recruit the corpse and gain 4 pool if you burn it with khobar towers. Right?

More
16 Jul 2017 04:36 #82600 by Blooded Sand
Seems correct to me, actually. Hmmm, maybe time to break out the shalmath summon history deck for silly pool gain

More
16 Jul 2017 19:56 #82606 by Ankha

Thanks for that link. However, my interpretation of that link is that you gain x pool, NOT what you paid. X is what you declared it to be when you played the corpse card, half of x rounded down is what you paid (if you had ankara). So if you have ankara and you declared x to be 4, you pay 2 blood to recruit the corpse, and you gain 4 pool if you burn the corpse by using khobar towers. Right?

Correct. X was set to 4 when playing the card, therefore you gain 4 pool.

If you had both ankara and charisma, and you declared x to be 4, you would pay 1 blood to recruit the corpse and gain 4 pool if you burn it with khobar towers. Right?

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
17 Jul 2017 03:39 #82609 by Blooded Sand
I will assume this !does apply to SH, correct?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds