file Question about Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar

19 Jul 2017 21:04 - 19 Jul 2017 21:05 #82676 by Blooded Sand

I will assume this !does apply to SH, correct?

I'm not sure of what you mean. Could you post a complete version of the question?

SH is Summon History. Funny how this is the same poster who demands card text when discussing rules questions, yet this person can't be bothered to write a coherent question with the full title of the card.

You must have me confused with Lonka

Nope, I definitely don't have you confused with anybody. you're the person who said Lonnka has a point about adding card text to rules posts, but then doesn't get the point that writing clear questions is just as important.

No idea why you have such a hard on for me, but hey, have fun.
Let's just try to match your enmity to reality at least.
1) OP asked a question about ruling on a card interaction.
2) Lonka responded with a post that literally contained the edict to quote card text, with zero attempts at answering the question.
3)I responded to that by saying that it was a wee bit pedantic to not just answer the question as well, which i then proceeded to do. Trying to not only answer the query, but help OP identify how to answer that question for himself in future.
4) you then chimed in, stating how my answer did not follow the guidelines for asking a question (what the actual fuck answering a question has to do with the required format for asking it, none but you apparently know.) You also then proceeded to give exactly the same answer i gave, leaving out the educational bit.
5) you make a sarcastic, utterly incorrect comment here: "Funny how this is the same poster who demands card text when discussing rules questions, yet this person can't be bothered to write a coherent question with the full title of the card." Funnily enough, it was Lonka, not me, who d"demanded" card text (of course stating that someone politely, if pedantically, follows the rules for asking a question is not really a demand, but you seem to be a bit of a hard arse for getting context, names, and logic all wrong)
Here is Lonnka's comment, for context:

Normal and proper way to present such questions is to quote all the relevant card texts...

6) I respond by saying you must have me confused with Lonnka.
7) (oh god the irony in this quote) "
Nope, I definitely don't have you confused with anybody. you're the person who said Lonnka has a point about adding card text to rules posts, but then doesn't get the point that writing clear questions is just as important." your next comment, in which you reinforce your original misconception that i had asked a question (i hadn't i was answering it, quite a different set of behaviours,) proceed to be sarcastic again about a topic you obviously still don't understand, then proceed to state that my question wasn't clear. If you did not understand the syntax i was using, I apologise for your incapability. ! is used as an inverse indicator. So for example "Sandsnake is logical" would have the meaning "Sandsnake is logical" whereas "TwoRazorReigh is !Logical" would have the meaning "TwoRazorReig is NOT logical." Using abbreviations for card names is a long running behaviour for most of us playing JOL, sorry I forgot to lengthen the abbreviation.

In short, you have completely misconstrued every single thing in this interaction, attacked me personally as a result a number of times, and behaved like a complete arse. I think an apology is in order.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
Last edit: 19 Jul 2017 21:05 by Blooded Sand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2017 22:58 #82681 by TwoRazorReign
You've demanded card text in the past, over here:

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/72635-dam-the-heart-s-river-and-catatonic-fear?start=24

Anyway, as it seems you are taking everything very personally, I will stop replying to any of your posts from now on.

More
21 Jul 2017 15:28 #82710 by mjvtes521
Another question I forgot to ask (to Vincent/Ankha):

If Mata Hari has Ankara, Superior Thanatosis (from Infernal Pact) and Charisma, how much would she pay for a Reanimated Corpse where x=7? Which do you apply first, Ankara or Charisma?

If Ankara first, then it costs 3 (half of 7 rounded down) -1 (for Charisma) = 2
If Charisma first, then it costs 7 - 1 (for Charisma) =6 divided by 2 (Ankara) = 3

I assume you get to choose, meaning I'd choose the first one, to make it cost 2. Also, if you follow 3rd grade math (PEMDAS), then you divide before subtracting, so it would also cost 2.

Card texts were in the original post above, so save your petty arguments for your own posts. Thanks.

More
21 Jul 2017 19:11 #82712 by Blooded Sand
Ankara is always counted first. This means a 3 cost minion, when paid for with SH, is free, if the minion playing SH has charisma

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
21 Jul 2017 19:14 - 21 Jul 2017 19:14 #82713 by Ankha

Another question I forgot to ask (to Vincent/Ankha):

If Mata Hari has Ankara, Superior Thanatosis (from Infernal Pact) and Charisma, how much would she pay for a Reanimated Corpse where x=7? Which do you apply first, Ankara or Charisma?

First multiply/divide then add/substract (you can't choose the order). groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/sVXZw1J43ik/Z-f2teoVlyoJ

So she would pay 2 (7 / 2 = 3, 3 - 1 = 2).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 19:14 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mjvtes521

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds