file Strike at the True Flesh and Garrote

18 Jul 2017 13:51 #82652 by nergalmcl

Besides, I seem to remember the questions guidelines requesting you to do so, but now can't find that anywhere.

Here:

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/44519-how-to-make-a-rules-post-look-good#44519

Sorry about that, next time i promise being more mannered.

Lonkka is not just being pedantic about card text, he actually has a point.
Read through the card text, then answer yourself.
SatTF requires a melee weapon. Is Garrote a melee weapon? Check.
SatTF requires QUI for +1 dmg. Does Parnassus have QUI? Check.

Better option than garrote is wooden stake though..... Guaranteed torpor trip with that

Warning: Spoiler!

Wooden Stake indeed give me the pleasure, but i was need to every combat equip a stake to do something. And with Garrote when it's done is done.
My doubt in the first sight was because Garrote does +0 damage. But thank you one more time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2017 05:32 #82662 by Blooded Sand

Better option than garrote is wooden stake though..... Guaranteed torpor trip with that

The problem here is that there is no clear yes or no answer to the question.

The fact that you can apparently not parse a simple instruction sequence to come an unavoidable conclusion is not my problem. He is answered, clearly, with all logic shown. I want him to understand why, not spoonfeed information. YMMV

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
19 Jul 2017 11:16 #82668 by TwoRazorReign

The problem here is that there is no clear yes or no answer to the question.

The fact that you can apparently not parse a simple instruction sequence to come an unavoidable conclusion is not my problem. He is answered, clearly, with all logic shown. I want him to understand why, not spoonfeed information. YMMV

Then you are not following the guidlines stated in the "how to make a rules question look good," particularly this part: "If "Yes" or "No" is enough to answer your question without leaving any doubts, then it's perfect."

There's a reason this is in the guidelines. Please follow them. Thank you.

More
19 Jul 2017 20:52 #82675 by Blooded Sand

Then you are not following the guidlines stated in the "how to make a rules question look good," particularly this part: "If "Yes" or "No" is enough to answer your question without leaving any doubts, then it's perfect."

There's a reason this is in the guidelines. Please follow them. Thank you.

Next time I pose a question in rules question forum i will happily, as i have done every single time, follow those guidelines. As I was ANSWERING a question, I would hold that the guidelines for POSING a question do not hold. YMMV

More
19 Jul 2017 21:10 #82677 by Blooded Sand

This is not the reason why card text is requested in rules questions. The reason given is that card texts from sources other than this website (at the link I provided previously) may be outdated. There was never an etiquette reason for including card texts in rules questions. Now, is it helpful to add card texts to rules questions for those answering the questions? Sure. But all card texts are 2 or 3 clicks away. Lets not act like it's some major sin that card text was not added to rules questions. People who are new to these forums may not know to add card texts. Can we just answer the questions and politely tell the poster to copy/paste the card text with a link to the card texts next time? Thank you.

Ok, i have now really had enough of your rubbish. I NEVER told him to add card text, that was Lonnka, as i pointed out to you, try to get it right.
Secondly, as per OP:

But thank you one more time.

not only did HE understand my answer, he also thanked me, quite possibly indicating that he was happy with my answer.
HOWEVER, you, MR SJW himself, had to get offended about something that never happened, on behalf of someone else who had absolutely no problems about it, and then proceed to give me shit for something that never happened. 1) try to engage with reality, it might help you in future. 2) get the fuck off my back.

More
19 Jul 2017 22:54 #82680 by TwoRazorReign
Wow. I'm not offended, I'm just pointing out there are better ways to answer rules questions. And write posts. They're simple suggestions from a stranger on the internet that you can choose to ignore.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds