file Spirit Marionette and inability to act

17 Aug 2017 08:20 #83131 by the1andonlime
Consider this scenario:
Saulot, using Enkil Cog, steals a vampire with Spirit Marionette after his controller's predator has passed on actions. As the stolen vampire cannot take actions until Saulot's controller's turn, if the predator does not take any further actions that turn, does the stolen vampire stay with Saulot's controller until his minion phase?

Name: Spirit Marionette
[BL:C2, LoB:C]
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Obeah/Dominate
[dom] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.
[obe] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed and lock a ready minion controlled by your prey (even if the target of the bleed is changed).
[OBE] +1 stealth action. (D) Take control of a ready unlocked minion until the end of the next action. That minion must bleed your prey unless he or she must hunt.
Artist: Steve Prescott

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2017 08:50 #83133 by Brum
I hope I understood your question.
Here's what happens:

-Saulot plays Spirit Marionette in Vampire Bill of player A.
-Bill comes to you ready region. (Lets assume Bill is not a Malkavian and there is no Madness Network in play).
-You control Bill until the end of the NEXT action of anyone (whatever it maybe).
Most times Spirit Marionette's text forces the next action to be the bleed.
If you have a vampire that must hunt (or any other mandatory action) you can act with Bill first, as this is also mandatory.

This helps all sorts of shenanigans, like Villen and/or Golconda the stolen vampire, burn to Antediluvian Awakening, etc., as you control Bill in your Unlock and Master Phases.

More
17 Aug 2017 09:10 #83134 by the1andonlime
Yup, I just wanted to make sure there are no rulings that will make me return the stolen vampire before my minion phase.

Villein, Golconda, and other shenanigans did come to mind.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
17 Aug 2017 19:03 #83137 by jamesatzephyr

Yup, I just wanted to make sure there are no rulings that will make me return the stolen vampire before my minion phase.

Villein, Golconda, and other shenanigans did come to mind.

It's legit. Doing similar things via Madness Network, Clan Impersonation and Khobar Towers was briefly exciting.

A player wanting to hedge her bets can of course leave a vampire untapped, to take the next action after you. Although if you don't take the action (and everyone else passes too), the impulse to take the next action never returns to them - which can work in your favour too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds