file Govern(superior) and other Ventrue questions.

13 Oct 2017 14:43 #83849 by ReverendRevolver
I play 2 player games to test decks (with obviously lopsided results) but since you're already playing a game designed with more players in mind, home brew some sort of check if you need to.

But I have to know, you said you play ONE and 2 player games.....

How do you accuse someone of cheating in the one player games?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2017 15:06 #83850 by elotar
looks like somebody is lying in this topic. :huh:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
13 Oct 2017 15:19 #83851 by TwoRazorReign
So, like, nobody actually cheated. I was messing with people on this thread by saying I've cheated before, when I've actually only "cheated" myself Governing to an illegal target in a game by myself playing two handed.

Elotar: You've figured me out! I got twisted in my own web of lies! Oh, the egg is on my face!

More
13 Oct 2017 21:45 #83852 by ReverendRevolver

So, like, nobody actually cheated. I was messing with people on this thread by saying I've cheated before, when I've actually only "cheated" myself Governing to an illegal target in a game by myself playing two handed.

Elotar: You've figured me out! I got twisted in my own web of lies! Oh, the egg is on my face!

So.....

You've essentially cheated at solitaire?

:)

More
14 Oct 2017 13:24 #83860 by TwoRazorReign
Attachments:

More
14 Oct 2017 16:26 #83861 by TwoRazorReign

I play 2 player games to test decks (with obviously lopsided results) but since you're already playing a game designed with more players in mind, home brew some sort of check if you need to.

There's a way to make the results in two player games not lopsided, but it involves building two decks that will interact well, and thus each player will know the other's deck. It still works because VTES is a card game, and you still have to shuffle the cards.

I actually love two-player games, more so than multiplayer. It's streamlined and simple, which in my opinion is a fair trade off for what's lost in multiplayer play. It's easier to teach too, because you can send a new player off with two decks and an explanation how to play them, and they only need to know the parts of the games that involve those decks. As I've said earlier, I've even went as far as coming up with a two-player variant where gambiling was involved to spice things up a little, but the whole target for Govern being unknown to the opposing player with no ability to check is just asking for people to cheat, especially with money on the line...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds