file Aggravated damage clarification from a newbie

11 Sep 2017 02:32 #83482 by Eponymous
Hi,
I'm just learning how to play and wanted to check that I'm understanding aggravated damage correctly. I THINK I understand, but I'm not 100% sure! I googled examples but just came away more confused!

So...

- The first point of aggravated damage to a vampire causes it to become wounded. This can't be healed and doesn't cause the minion to burn blood.

- A wounded vampire will be sent to torpor at the end of the damage resolution...unless he takes more than the initial 1 point of aggravated damage...

- Once a vampire is wounded, each additional point of aggravated damage must be prevented by burning a blood to prevent destruction. If they have no blood to burn they are BURNED and go to the ash heap.

- Example: A vampire has 3 blood and takes 3 aggravated damage. The first point causes the vamp to be wounded (don't need to burn/heal with blood). They are now wounded and heading to torpor. They must now burn blood for the last two points of aggravated damage or be burned. They burn the two blood and enter torpor with 1 blood.

Is my understanding correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2017 07:12 #83485 by Kraus
Exactly!

Welcome aboard. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eponymous

More
11 Sep 2017 07:58 - 11 Sep 2017 07:58 #83486 by jamesatzephyr

- The first point of aggravated damage to a vampire causes it to become wounded. This can't be healed and doesn't cause the minion to burn blood.

Just to clarify - the first point makes them wounded, unless they are already wounded. Example:

I hit you with a strike for one agg, and I have also played Carrion Crows which deals 1 damage during strike resolution. You are on zero blood. The point of damage from Carrion Crows wounds you as you had no blood to heal it. Now the point of agg damage doesn't wound you - it goes straight on to 'burn a blood or be burned', so you burn.

Another example:

I hit you with Rowan Ring for a go to torpor strike. My Ghoul Retainer also hits you with one agg from a weapon. You have 5 blood. You go to torpor from the Rowan Ring strise, which wounds you. The one agg from the Ghoul Retailer's effect makes you burn a blood, leaving you on 4 blood.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2017 07:58 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eponymous

More
12 Sep 2017 03:54 #83503 by Eponymous
Thanks for the confirmation and helpful examples.

Another quick one...the Rowan Ring doesn't specify any damage. So if a minion is sent to torpor, are they always assumed to wounded?

More
12 Sep 2017 07:16 #83504 by jamesatzephyr

Another quick one...the Rowan Ring doesn't specify any damage. So if a minion is sent to torpor, are they always assumed to wounded?

A minion in torpor, or going to torpor, is wounded. From the rulebook, 6.4.6:
A wounded vampire is one that has taken damage that he failed to heal or one that is in torpor or on his way to torpor.

Being actually in torpor is less relevant for combat, but is relevant for some actions and action modifiers that deal damage. (Probably some other things too.)

More
12 Sep 2017 07:41 #83506 by Eponymous
Cheers for the rules reference. I'm looking forward to getting some more games under my belt and eventually some deck building!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds