file Can i play samecard for two different effect?

21 Dec 2017 09:42 #84631 by Kuruc
Hello, i have one question. Can i play one same card twice for two different effect?
For example Scry for Hearthstone ( i play one fir intercept and next card i play for cancel oponent obfuscate card.
Next example is Repulsion ( I play basic presence efect if i announced action and next i play other same card for stealth)

Thx for yours answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2017 10:17 #84632 by Ankha
No.
See rulebook:

Action modifier cards: The acting minion can play these cards to modify his action. For example, some action modifiers increase the acting minion's stealth or bleed amount or give him more votes. A minion cannot play the same action modifier more than once during a single action.

Reaction cards: A ready unlocked minion can play a reaction card in response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion (an action taken by one of a Methuselah's minions cannot be reacted to by any of her own minions). A minion cannot play the same reaction card more than once during a single action. A reaction card does not lock the minion using it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Dec 2017 10:25 #84633 by Kuruc
Ok, thx. And combat card? Can i play twice Heavens Gate ( first for prevent throught basic necromance and second card for obeah)
Or second question, if my vampire get some damage, can i play for example two or three Soak cards for prevent all damege? Or i can play only one Soak and i must play another prevent?

More
21 Dec 2017 10:48 #84634 by Ankha

Ok, thx. And combat card?

By default, you can play the same combat card more than once (nothing forbids it in the rulebook).

Can i play twice Heavens Gate ( first for prevent throught basic necromance and second card for obeah)

Yes, even twice at [obe].

Or second question, if my vampire get some damage, can i play for example two or three Soak cards for prevent all damege? Or i can play only one Soak and i must play another prevent?

You can't play more than one Soak each round, per cardtext of Soak. Otherwise, you could play 3 Skin of Rock at superior for instance to prevent 6 damage.

Prince of Paris, France

More
22 Dec 2017 15:11 #84649 by thelonius reloaded
I have a slight memory fault:
An action modifier that is also a combat card may be played to modify the action and (another copy of that card) as a combat card?

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
22 Dec 2017 16:50 #84650 by Ankha

I have a slight memory fault:
An action modifier that is also a combat card may be played to modify the action and (another copy of that card) as a combat card?

Yes. The second time it is played as a combat card, not an action modifier card.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds