file Shoulder Drop

25 Dec 2017 08:14 #84653 by beslin igor
Shoulder Drop was created by beslin igor
I am interested in what is the right moment to play this card and at what stage the damage is being applied.
Example: vampire A in combat with vampire B, vampire A have 2 blood vampire B 1 blood. Before range vampire A play Drawing out the Beast. strike phase close range,both declare HS, vampire A from 1, vampire B for 2. both now on 0 blood. Vampire B play Shoulder Drop(Q1: is that right moment to play this card?). Vampire A goes to torpor. Q2: does vampire B take dmg from Drawing superior efect?

Drawing Out the Beast

Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Animalism
Only usable before range is determined on the first round. Frenzy.
[ani] During this combat, opposing vampire gets +1 strength, but he or she cannot use maneuvers to maneuver to long range, cannot use presses to end combat and cannot use equipment. A vampire may play only one Drawing Out the Beast each combat.
[ANI] As above, and the opposing vampire takes 1 unpreventable damage during the press step each round.

Shoulder Drop

Cardtype: Combat
Grapple.
Play when you successfully inflict damage from a hand strike. After strike resolution, if this minion is still ready, the opposing minion takes 1 additional damage. The opposing minion cannot press this round. A minion may play only one Shoulder Drop each strike.
Artist: Efrem Palacios

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2017 14:09 #84654 by mjvtes521
Replied by mjvtes521 on topic Shoulder Drop
I'm not the rules coordinator, but it seems clear to me from the text of Shoulder Drop that you have the timing of Shoulder Drop right and that combat ends before the press step (since Vampire A goes to torpor) so Vamp B does not take damage from Drawing out the Beast. So my answer to Q1 is yes and my answer to Q2 is no.

Merry Christmas!

More
25 Dec 2017 14:48 - 26 Dec 2017 11:03 #84655 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Shoulder Drop

I am interested in what is the right moment to play this card and at what stage the damage is being applied.

You must play the card right after your strike has inflicted damage. The damage from the Shoulder Drop kicks in after the pair of strikes have been resolved. This happens before any other pairs of strike (in case of additional strikes), and before the press step.

Example: vampire A in combat with vampire B, vampire A have 2 blood vampire B 1 blood. Before range vampire A play Drawing out the Beast. strike phase close range,both declare HS, vampire A from 1, vampire B for 2. both now on 0 blood. Vampire B play Shoulder Drop(Q1: is that right moment to play this card?).

B has to play it after A burns its blood to damage, but before B burns blood to damage or prevent the damage. during the "heal damage" step (because only then the damage is "successfully" inflicted.

Vampire A goes to torpor. Q2: does vampire B take dmg from Drawing superior efect?

The damage from Shoulder Drop is applied once the pair of strikes have been resolved. Combat ends because A is no longer ready, before reaching the press step.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 26 Dec 2017 11:03 by Ankha.

More
25 Dec 2017 17:13 #84656 by mjvtes521
Replied by mjvtes521 on topic Shoulder Drop

You must play the card right after your strike has inflicted damage. The damage from the Shoulder Drop kicks in after the pair of strikes have been resolved. This happens before any other pairs of strike (in case of additional strikes), and before the press step.

Example: vampire A in combat with vampire B, vampire A have 2 blood vampire B 1 blood. Before range vampire A play Drawing out the Beast. strike phase close range,both declare HS, vampire A from 1, vampire B for 2. both now on 0 blood. Vampire B play Shoulder Drop(Q1: is that right moment to play this card?).

B has to play it after A burns its blood to damage, but before B burns blood to damage or prevent the damage.

Vampire A goes to torpor. Q2: does vampire B take dmg from Drawing superior efect?

The damage from Shoulder Drop is applied once the pair of strikes have been resolved. Combat ends because A is no longer ready, before reaching the press step.

I think Ankha left out the word "successfully" in the first sentence of his answer to Q1. The damage must have been successfully inflicted (not dodged or prevented) on Vamp A for Vamp B to then play Shoulder Drop.

More
26 Dec 2017 00:09 #84658 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Shoulder Drop
Yes, that is the cardtext. The question was about the timing.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
26 Dec 2017 02:39 #84659 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Shoulder Drop

B has to play it after A burns its blood to damage, but before B burns blood to damage or prevent the damage.

What does that mean? Isn't damage resolution simultaneous for both vampires?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds