file Undead Persistence

14 Jan 2018 08:47 #84894 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Undead Persistence

Do take into account that the text space is limited and the card is already rather text heavy..

I'd remove the rather unnecessary 3 round clause to make it less text heavy and less confusing.

(Have loved the card for years and years BTW...)

It would require a reprint, but yes, removing unnecessary text would help.
I am still looking for a card that would give unlimited presses, but I can't find one (Ecstatic Agony grants a press only once each combat).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2018 19:58 #84904 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Undead Persistence

I am still looking for a card that would give unlimited presses, but I can't find one (Ecstatic Agony grants a press only once each combat).

Off head the best bet is the already mentioned Trap and keeping it running with a combat card every 3rd round.

That is what I did with my weenie Fortitude deck.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
14 Jan 2018 23:44 #84905 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Undead Persistence

The only one I can recall that could do it endlessly is Meat Hook - but that got changed because of that.

More
15 Jan 2018 09:11 #84909 by Ankha

Off head the best bet is the already mentioned Trap and keeping it running with a combat card every 3rd round.

That is what I did with my weenie Fortitude deck.

Indeed, but if you play a combat card, it fuels both the Trap and the Undead Persistence with the current cardtext.
In your scenario, it wouldn't change anything if the cardtext of Undead Persistence was changed or not.

I'm looking for a loophole where you could continue combat until the opponent goes to torpor without playing cards.

Prince of Paris, France

More
15 Jan 2018 09:21 #84910 by Ankha

The only one I can recall that could do it endlessly is Meat Hook - but that got changed because of that.

That was probably the only way to do that. I couldn't find other threads with "infinite" presses.

Prince of Paris, France

More
18 Jan 2018 23:59 #84967 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Undead Persistence

That was probably the only way to do that. I couldn't find other threads with "infinite" presses.

Infinite, not so much, but you could still (in theory) trigger the Undead Persistence text by just having a variety of not-playing-a-card sources of presses. Trap/Conquer the Beast could provide several without playing a further card, then a Hawg, then Mob Connections, then the press from a previously-played Hidden Lurker which is how you got into combat etc. And a bunch more sources of presses in later sets too - Underbridge Stray, Ruins of Ceoris, Big Game, Mind Tricks, or whatever.

Obviously, very very unlikely in anything but the weirdest draft game imaginable, but theoretically possible.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds