file Remove from Play/Remove from the Game and contracts

10 Jan 2018 20:51 #84847 by kschaefer
A couple of interaction questions for contracts effects and removing a vampire from play. The two cards in question:

Priority Contract
Master
Assamite
Unique contract. Trifle.
Put this card on a minion controlled by your prey and choose a ready Assamite you control. The chosen Assamite can enter combat with this minion as a +1 stealth (D) action. If this minion would leave the ready region, you can burn this card to gain 3 pool.

The Black Throne
Master
Assamite
1 Pool
Master: unique location.
Tap during a referendum to gain 2 votes. Tap when a minion with a contract leaves the ready region (only usable if an Assamite you control had been chosen for that contract) to gain 1 pool.

And two effects that remove a vampire from play:
Golconda: Inner Peace
Master.
Choose a vampire with a capacity 8 or more. Remove that vampire from the game. His or her controller gains pool equal to the vampire's capacity. His or her controller may cancel this card as it is played by burning 2 pool.

Rulebook 9.1:
If you are ousted, all the cards you control are removed from the game.

Also in question Life Boon:
Life Boon
Master: out-of-turn. Boon
Give pool to a Methuselah with no pool to keep him or her in the game; put this card in play. During each of his or her untap phases, you can collect 1 pool from that Methuselah. The first victory point that the Methuselah wins is given to you (unless you are ousted by then). This Life Boon is then burned.

The setup:
I have vampire A with a Priority Contract on my prey's vampire B, who is in the ready region.

If I play Golconda on B and my prey removes B from the game, I can burn the Priority Contract and tap The Black Throne to gain a total of 4 pool.

I think the answer is yes. The vampire is leaving the ready region.

If I oust my prey with a bleed, which would in turn remove vampire B from the game and therefore from the ready region, can I burn the Priority Contract and tap The Black Throne?

The Black Throne wording seems like it should work.

For Priority Contract pool gain, I think the answer is yes based on the wording of Life Boon. There must be some type of window between being potentially ousted and actually being ousted, during which I can burn the contract.

Am I correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2018 15:42 #85151 by kschaefer

More
29 Jan 2018 15:56 #85152 by self biased
follow-up question: if I put Priority Contract on one of my Prey's vampires and then oust my prey, does that count toward "leaving the ready region?"

Or, to make the question plain: do effects that remove things from the game count as leaving the ready region?

More
29 Jan 2018 16:33 #85154 by Ankha

I have vampire A with a Priority Contract on my prey's vampire B, who is in the ready region.

If I play Golconda on B and my prey removes B from the game, I can burn the Priority Contract and tap The Black Throne to gain a total of 4 pool.

Yes (cardtext): you can burn the Priority Contract when the "minion would leave the ready region," for 3 pool, and lock the Black Throne when the "minion with a contract leaves the ready region" for 1 pool. The window is not exactly the same, but it changes nothing here.

If I oust my prey with a bleed, which would in turn remove vampire B from the game and therefore from the ready region, can I burn the Priority Contract and tap The Black Throne?

Yes (same reasons).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

More
29 Jan 2018 16:34 #85155 by Ankha

follow-up question: if I put Priority Contract on one of my Prey's vampires and then oust my prey, does that count toward "leaving the ready region?"
Or, to make the question plain: do effects that remove things from the game count as leaving the ready region?

Yes. The minion was in the ready region, and is no longer in the ready region => it has left the ready region.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
29 Jan 2018 16:44 #85156 by kschaefer
I thought so, thanks for confirming.

It seems that a Priority Contract should go in every Assamite deck then, regardless of whether I intend to use the combat effect or not.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds