file Strained Vitae Supply and non-standard hunt actions

28 Jan 2018 18:34 #85144 by kschaefer

Name: Strained Vitae Supply
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Put this card in play. Vampires do not get the normal +1 stealth when hunting. Any Methuselah may use a master phase action to put 1 blood counter on this card from his or her pool. If the number of counters on this card equals or exceeds the number of Methuselahs in the game, burn this card.

Does Strained Vitae Supply only affect the default (cardless) hunt action? What is the "normal +1 stealth" for hunt actions via a card? What if the card text doesn't give stealth? Is it now at -1 stealth? Or gives more that 1 stealth, is that reduced by 1 or unaffected?

Should SVS just read: "Vampires get -1 stealth on hunt actions."?

Mostly, I'm wondering if Kyoko hunts at +1 stealth by virtue of her card text even when SVS is in play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2018 19:51 #85146 by jamesatzephyr

Does Strained Vitae Supply only affect the default (cardless) hunt action? What is the "normal +1 stealth" for hunt actions via a card? What if the card text doesn't give stealth? Is it now at -1 stealth? Or gives more that 1 stealth, is that reduced by 1 or unaffected?

Should SVS just read: "Vampires get -1 stealth on hunt actions."?

Mostly, I'm wondering if Kyoko hunts at +1 stealth by virtue of her card text even when SVS is in play.

[FZD 20120204]

"Normal hunt" and "usual hunt" modifiers only apply to the hunt action provided by the rulebook.

This (new) ruling reverses the Kyoko vs SVS ruling. I hope, however, it makes things less complpicated.

In this example, Strained Vitae Supply doesn't affect Loki's Gift action's stealth.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

More
29 Jan 2018 03:39 #85149 by kschaefer
Forgot to look at the forum! Thanks.

I also agree the the ruling is more clear now (with now being 6 years ago, when I was on hiatus).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds