file Ellison Humboldt and Matteus, flesh sculptor

09 Mar 2018 18:58 #85655 by Kushiel

I don't think a single person would realize this without having in-depth knowledge of the rulebook. You are basically forced to know the rule in the rulebook. This is not good design.

I feel like I must be parsing your point incorrectly, as you seem to be saying that you think it's bad design for people to need to know the rules of the game to play the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blooded Sand, acbishop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2018 20:34 #85657 by Bloodartist

I feel like I must be parsing your point incorrectly, as you seem to be saying that you think it's bad design for people to need to know the rules of the game to play the game.

To paraphrase:

Rules should be obvious from the cards as much as possible. Card text should definitely not be misleading people away from the correct rule interpretation.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
09 Mar 2018 21:05 #85658 by jamesatzephyr

In comparison, Magic the gathering uses wording "at the beginning of phase X, this happens". With this wording, the timing of automatic triggers is not uncertain. First these things happen, then players can do things. If multiple automatic triggers happen, the player who controls them chooses the order. While VTES ruling for these is similar, this is not immediately obvious from the wording, which is my main criticism.

"At the beginning of phase X" could equally imply they all happen simultaneously, because after you've done the first one you're no longer at the beginning of anything.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds