file Enrage and Burning Blood

27 Mar 2018 13:49 #86055 by Kushiel
Enrage
(D) Put this card on any vampire. This vampire must burn 2 blood to attempt any action except hunts and actions to enter combat. Burn this card after resolving this vampire's action.

If a vampire has a superior Enrage on them, and only has one blood, are they allowed to attempt actions other than entering combat and hunting?

I know that usually when vampires must burn more blood than they have, they burn as much as they can and then that effect is resolved, but the "burn blood to" language on Enrage made me wonder if that's the case here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2018 14:14 - 27 Mar 2018 14:14 #86056 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Enrage and Burning Blood

Enrage
(D) Put this card on any vampire. This vampire must burn 2 blood to attempt any action except hunts and actions to enter combat. Burn this card after resolving this vampire's action.

If a vampire has a superior Enrage on them, and only has one blood, are they allowed to attempt actions other than entering combat and hunting?

I know that usually when vampires must burn more blood than they have, they burn as much as they can and then that effect is resolved, but the "burn blood to" language on Enrage made me wonder if that's the case here.

There is a difference between "the vampire burns 2 blood." and "the vampire burns 2 blood to..."

In the former case, the 2 blood burned are the result of an effect. You burn as many blood as you can if you have less than 2 blood.
In the latter case, the 2 blood are the cost. If you can't pay the cost, you can't do the effect.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 27 Mar 2018 14:14 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

More
27 Mar 2018 15:34 #86057 by beslin igor
But these 2 blood this vampire need to pay in start action,or only if action sucesful?
I think before in start action,but now i am litle confused.

More
27 Mar 2018 16:02 #86058 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Enrage and Burning Blood

But these 2 blood this vampire need to pay in start action,or only if action sucesful?
I think before in start action,but now i am litle confused.

"To attempt" => you must burn them to declare the action.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
27 Mar 2018 16:07 #86059 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Enrage and Burning Blood

There is a difference between "the vampire burns 2 blood." and "the vampire burns 2 blood to..."

In the former case, the 2 blood burned are the result of an effect. You burn as many blood as you can if you have less than 2 blood.
In the latter case, the 2 blood are the cost. If you can't pay the cost, you can't do the effect.

Got it. Thank you!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds