file Karen Suadela and Fall of the Camarilla

02 Apr 2018 19:39 #86131 by Killiam
Follow-up questions — consider the following:

Let’s assume that Karen is ready, Fall of the Camarilla is in play, and she is still a Prince. Then an Archbishop comes into play who contests Karen’s city title. While the title is contested, she of course becomes an independent vampire (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Question 1: Is Karen allowed to continue to contest the title, even though she is now independent, and can not validly hold a Prince title?

Question 2 (If yes to 1): If Karen wins the contest, does she become a Prince again, and thus immune to Fall OTC, or does the fact that she cannot be Camarilla beforehand exclude her from regaining the Cam title?

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 19:43 #86132 by jamesatzephyr

Question 1: Is Karen allowed to continue to contest the title, even though she is now independent, and can not validly hold a Prince title?

No. From the rulebook, section 10:
A vampire must belong to the appropriate sect to receive a title. If a vampire with a title changes clans or sects to a clan or sect inappropriate for his title, he loses the benefit of the title until his clan or sect changes appropriately. If he receives a new title, or if his title is contested (see Contested Titles, sec. 4.2), he immediately yields the old title.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds