file Does No Secrets Get Nerfed?

04 May 2018 13:41 #86442 by ReverendRevolver
I don't see a problem:
Zoe with a Bowl has +1 intercept.

She cannot burn a blood for an additional intercept unless blocking an action at 2 or more stealth, even if you really want her to. This hasn't changed in years.
Vlad activating his "as a magagi" status is in the same window. Even if using the other half benefits u you, it's an intercept adding effect. If you need him to unlock and block 0 stealth actions, second trad has that "even if Intercept is not yet needed" bit.
No secrets is powerful. But not unbelievably impossible to deal with. Why does Vlad need special treatment? Plenty of vamps would be better with text that breaks the rules even more, but that doesn't mean its needed or smart.
@James: just for fun, can you write long paragraphs about eyes if the dead without sarcasm or negativity or rewording/errata suggestions and it not be about the art being not terrible. Because that would be impressive.
@tworazor: is your problem with the fact that no secrets works differently in different situations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2018 13:52 - 04 May 2018 14:02 #86443 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Does No Secrets Get Nerfed?

@tworazor: is your problem with the fact that no secrets works differently in different situations?

Mine is. I mean, in two seemingly similar situations.

And that it requires quite a bit of deep digging into the rules to understand it. It's not clear at first glance, nor at second, and not even on the third.

Clarity and transparency as much as possible, plz.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 04 May 2018 14:02 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 May 2018 14:27 #86444 by TwoRazorReign

Yes; however, my perspective is a little different than most here. I am a very, VERY casual VTES player. I do not have the level of knowledge to understand how some of the more esoteric effects in the game work. I almost always look toward the rulebook/rulings/detailed play summary for answers. So while I believe no secrets working differently in different situations is an issue, the real problem is it's such a major chore trying to figure out how any effect that involves a minion is acting as if they had a requirement they don't have is supposed to work. Others in this thread seem to understand things just fine except for the interaction between No Secrets and Vlad. I assume this is because most people replying in this thread have been playing a long time and can understand these interactions. But, as a casual player who looks toward the rulebook for explanation, there is just no way of knowing how these interactions are supposed to work, and I don't even bother trying to include them when building decks. This would not be a problem for me if there were a dedicated section in the rulebook explaining things as jamesatzephyr did earlier in this thread. Whether adding such a section to the rulebook is feasible or not is a debate for another day.

More
04 May 2018 16:02 #86447 by ReverendRevolver
Yes, I've wished for awhile we had a card searching database like the old Gatherer. Easy access to rulings on interactions in an intuitive search engine. Storing art images could be rough, but such a tool hosted by vekn could be wonderful, and while secret library and amaranth are great, they aren't as accessible as something integrated that links a card via forum post and is searchable etc.
I feel this situation was clear, but ive used Mata "as a whatever " enough for it to make sense.
New players we hope to get could benefit from extra tools.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoRazorReign

More
05 May 2018 08:17 #86459 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Does No Secrets Get Nerfed?
If we want the game to be more accessible to the fabled New Players, then IMO we need to ged rid of such unintuitive exceptions.

No need to do major rules overhauls or revisions, just get rid of the unintuitive baggage by rewording them (NOW is the golden chance with the game getting back to print and order-what-thou-will PoD cards in the horizon).

Just sayin'...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 May 2018 08:41 #86461 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Does No Secrets Get Nerfed?

No need to do major rules overhauls or revisions, just get rid of the unintuitive baggage by rewording them (NOW is the golden chance with the game getting back to print and order-what-thou-will PoD cards in the horizon).

Just sayin'...

Sure, that's what we're doing. But all of you can help by pointing out cards that need special attention.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kraus, Bloodartist

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds