file Does No Secrets Get Nerfed?

05 May 2018 10:17 #86463 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Does No Secrets Get Nerfed?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 May 2018 14:23 #86503 by ReverendRevolver
So do Mata hari, tepes, vidal, kementeri,lisandro Giovanni, etc need reminder text or easily accessible erratta?
I'm not sure there's enough empty space for reminder text...

More
06 May 2018 15:26 #86506 by jamesatzephyr

So do Mata hari, tepes, vidal, kementeri,lisandro Giovanni, etc need reminder text or easily accessible erratta?

Don't lump Vlad Tepes in with the others. He works differently because of his "use" text.

I'd be totally fine with something on "play as a" ending up on www.vekn.net/general-rulings , but it works in the same way as allies playing "as a" vampire with a discipline the rulebook.
Some allies have the ability to play certain cards "as a vampire." In these cases, the ally is treated as a vampire for all effects generated by the play of the card, including duration effects (like "for the remainder of combat"). The ally's life represents his blood (to pay costs, for example). Any blood he gains or loses as a vampire equates to a gain or loss of life for the ally. For purposes of that card, the ally has a capacity of 1 by default (for use if the card requires an older vampire or a vampire of a given capacity). If the ally gains life in excess of his capacity, it doesn't drain off, and if the effect inflicts aggravated damage on the ally, he burns life as normal. However, if the effect would send the ally to torpor, then he is burned instead. The ally is treated as a vampire only for the effect generated from playing the card. In particular, the ally is not treated as a vampire for effects the card has from being in play (like "the vampire with this card" effects).

The first part is that you fake the requirement for play/resolve, and lingering effect (duration effect). The second part is that you don't fake the requirement for in-play effects.

More
06 May 2018 16:15 #86507 by ReverendRevolver
So no secrets is probably the only thing with this problem of needing activated, right?
Abbot, shaman, etc aren't relevant without being able to block and needing Intercept, so I can only think of no secrets having a relevant (ability to tap while locked) benefit that cannot be used if intercept isn't needed.

I may be undermining something, such as perma-rush from a source granting something else, but that should be it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds