file Prejudice special ability

14 May 2018 09:08 #86876 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Prejudice special ability

I haven't been able to find the original ruling - the oldest clear statement I've found is LSJ in this post from 1998, but that thread cites the ruling as already existing.

This appears to be the earliest source:
Newsgroups: rec.games.deckmaster
Subject: NEW: Rulings summary for Jyhad
Date: 9 Nov 1994 13:11:24 -0800

Bonding:
The superior version cannot be used to increase the stealth of a
non-bleed action; action modifiers which modify/replace bleed may
only be used on bleed actions.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.deckmaster/_6CXoKTSLnw/FdG67-3HEAQJ

Also:

Jyhad / V:tES Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Version 1.985

3.6. Can Bonding be played on a non-bleed action?
No. You may not play superior Bonding on a non-bleed action
just to get the stealth. In general, you may only play action
modifiers which are appropriate to the action.

Which is pretty vague.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2018 11:28 - 14 May 2018 11:28 #86877 by Bloodartist

Action modifiers cards that increase the bleed can't be played on non-bleed actions because their cardtexts forbid it.

"Their card texts forbid it"? I'm not so sure about that...

There are some where it is explicitly denied like Confusion, but there are also lots of bleed modifiers that mention nothing about the action they are played on. Conditioning for example. Usually simply stating "+X bleed", or "this action is at +X bleed". I imagine many of these cards were worded on the assumption that such a rule exists, yet it is not stated in the rulebook.

Vote push modifiers seem to usually have the text "only usable during referendum" etc, though. Same cannot be said for bleed modifiers.

This rule should be in the rulebook.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 14 May 2018 11:28 by Bloodartist.

More
14 May 2018 11:31 #86878 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Prejudice special ability
Sorta off-topic, a funny thing I noticed about the wording of Ophidian Gaze at :SER: :PRE:. It says "Only usable during a political action after blocks are declined", a phrase often used in bleeds. At first I thought it might be the same thing as "During a referendum of a political action", which would be more consistent overall, but is this to clarify you could use Gaze to cancel Freak Drive or Voter Captivation?

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
14 May 2018 11:37 - 14 May 2018 11:39 #86879 by Bloodartist

Sorta off-topic, a funny thing I noticed about the wording of Ophidian Gaze at :SER: :PRE:. It says "Only usable during a political action after blocks are declined", a phrase often used in bleeds. At first I thought it might be the same thing as "During a referendum of a political action", which would be more consistent overall, but is this to clarify you could use Gaze to cancel Freak Drive or Voter Captivation?

I would've used it to cancel freak or voter cap already, without asking anybody, since thats how the wording works, unless it has received errata. Doesn't work on change of target (or more importantly stealth) however since its "after blocks are declined"...

Incidentally, this card was possibly going to my deck today... Canceling voter cap is non-trivial..

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 14 May 2018 11:39 by Bloodartist.

More
14 May 2018 20:36 #86902 by narpassword
using ophgaze to cancel votercap straight after an awe for many blood always fantastic =)

More
14 May 2018 20:55 #86903 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Prejudice special ability
I also like the Final Loosening at aus for a similar effect. Not quite as powerful, but can be played by many more vampires.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds