map-pin Rules Team Rulings - RTR 11/05/2018

12 May 2018 07:02 #86821 by Kushiel

I just need something that says "lock: stick a master:discipline on someone"

Gotcha. That being the case, it would be way more productive for you to

a) Propose a new card that accomplishes this function, and/or
b) Mention that this is your hope for an errata'd Lilith's Blessing.

Because, no offense, but you might be the first player in the history of the game to even notice the cardtext about discipline cards on Lilith's Blessing. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2018 07:07 #86823 by Ankha

Villein
The amount of blood you can move is now limited to 5.

Sorry, still sinking this in. It's straight out 5? Not up to 5?

To make it clear: it moves from 2 to 5 blood.

To query your clarity: do you mean you have to declare a number from 2 to 5, or do you mean it only moves 2 to 5? As currently, because it targets the vampire not the counters, it can move 1 (or zero) blood, if the vampire has fewer than two counters.

(See also: you can declare a steal 2 blood strike against a vampire who has fewer than 2 blood.)

Villein
Master
Trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control and move 2 to 5 blood from that vampire to your pool (usable on a vampire with 1 or less blood). Minion Tap costs you 1 additional pool. Villein costs 1 additional pool to play on this vampire.

So you choose a number between 2 and 5 included, and you move that much blood from the vampire to your pool, even if it has less.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, Ezra, beslin igor

More
12 May 2018 07:24 #86825 by Kerath
I'm happy about the Villein ruling, it will make things more balanced. Sometimes the "nearly dry a vampire up + giants blood / other option that will refill it" can really shift balance. Unless you have a heavy bleeder as predator :)

More
12 May 2018 09:37 - 12 May 2018 10:17 #86831 by Bloodartist
I love the villein change! *raises mug*

I am partial to playing cool large cap star vampires and I'm not bothered by this change at all. Its kind of ironic however that we release a new printed version of villein at the same time we nerf it ^^ "You asked for this, so you got it! And we also nerfed it. Enjoy!" ^^

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 12 May 2018 10:17 by Bloodartist.

More
12 May 2018 15:08 #86837 by jamesatzephyr

Gotsdam, The Tired Warrior
Gotsdam is no longer immune to frenzy cards. Instead, frenzy cards cannot be played on him.

Laecanus
Laecanus is no longer immune to frenzy cards. Instead, frenzy cards cannot be played on him.

Question: is there a reason for changing these two, but not changing the minion cards with a similar effect? (Sire's Index Finger, Blade of Enoch, Call the Wild Hunt, Bestial Vengeance.)

More
12 May 2018 16:10 #86839 by Ankha

Gotsdam, The Tired Warrior
Gotsdam is no longer immune to frenzy cards. Instead, frenzy cards cannot be played on him.

Laecanus
Laecanus is no longer immune to frenzy cards. Instead, frenzy cards cannot be played on him.

Question: is there a reason for changing these two, but not changing the minion cards with a similar effect? (Sire's Index Finger, Blade of Enoch, Call the Wild Hunt, Bestial Vengeance.)

They are not reprinted yet. They will be changed when reprinted.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds