file Please can we change the vampire contesting rule?

16 May 2018 22:16 #87015 by talonz
Contesting sucks. Basically lost me the finals of one tournament that I remember for instance.

Id be for instant auction.

And/or whever someone concedes, they remove their copy from the game and return all blood on them to their pool.

Anything to soften the blow (But the flipping option which is just messy).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2018 07:19 #87038 by Lönkka
I rather like the idea jamesatzephyr has presented.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 May 2018 09:59 #87052 by thelonius reloaded
Vampires have different level of power balancing. Sometimes you have to choose (in tournament environment) which vampire would be unlikely to contest with others... if we change (or remove) the contesting rule, we lose a lot of flavour and of balancing of the game.

(Italian EC, in Genoa, day 2:
Round 1 contested with my predator
Round 2 contested with my prey
Round 3 contested with my grandpredator)

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cat_in_Exile

More
17 May 2018 11:03 #87056 by Kraus

Vampires have different level of power balancing. Sometimes you have to choose (in tournament environment) which vampire would be unlikely to contest with others... if we change (or remove) the contesting rule, we lose a lot of flavour and of balancing of the game.

(Italian EC, in Genoa, day 2:
Round 1 contested with my predator
Round 2 contested with my prey
Round 3 contested with my grandpredator)

The suggested rules variant will still punish players for playing only the most popular choices. It's just not that crippling. Remember that only one copy can still remain in the game.

Even in the least punishing scenario you'll lose one turn's worth of actions/blocks (cap1-4) and transfers, the worst possible scenario 3-4 turns of transfers (if you're not starting with a full set of 4), and that's crippling AF. Even if you get the pool back for your Stanislava, you lost half of your game's worth of actions.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
17 May 2018 15:56 #87068 by Kushiel

Vampires have different level of power balancing. Sometimes you have to choose (in tournament environment) which vampire would be unlikely to contest with others...

And sometimes you choose vampires who are unlikely to be contested and they get contested anyway, randomly screwing you and another player out of getting to play.

The current vampire contestation rules are bad.

More
18 May 2018 14:38 #87128 by ReverendRevolver

Then again why should a third party win because two unlucky guys contest.

Because I played a Bindusara deck and my opponents played the clearly superior Maryanne Blair

:)

But no, contesting randomly punishes people for playing good vamps, especially ones with utility (Owain) and I'd like it more if it did more than this.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds