file New Expansion and Proxies

25 Jun 2018 15:38 #88381 by KzArashi
Replied by KzArashi on topic New Expansion and Proxies

Black Chantry FAQ
www.blackchantry.com/faq/

Q: Currently printed proxies are allowed in some tournaments – will that end?

A: Yes, that will end at some point in the future, but not in the immediate future. No new cards (for example Lost Kindred) will be published as printable PDFs.

The doubt persist because there is some ambiguity in the last sentence (phrase): "No new cards (for example Lost Kindred) will be published as printable PDFs."

The way the text is presented, can be interpreted as: "Proxies are allowed for the near future with the exception of the new cards. Because, No new cards (for example Lost Kindred) will be published as printable PDFs."

I believe that need to be only a bit more clear. As VTES is played by player from all around the world. An most of them are not native english speakers. Some times a little ambiguity on a text can difficulty the correct understanding of the proposition.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2018 16:46 #88382 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic New Expansion and Proxies
You're conflating printable PDFs, which as sent that regardless of production are available for players to download and print, with proxies, which are copies of existing cards.

The fact that Black Chantry will not release the new sets as printable PDFs has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the ability of BC to sanction proxies for those cards.

I get that you folks in Brazil hate proxies. It's apparent any time one of you gets online and complains. The rest of the world would like production to be fair and equitable before pulling the rug out from under players.

More
25 Jun 2018 17:40 #88383 by KzArashi

I get that you folks in Brazil hate proxies. It's apparent any time one of you gets online and complains. The rest of the world would like production to be fair and equitable before pulling the rug out from under players.

I really don't' know from where is " Franz " who started the topic. So I can't say if he or she is from Brazil or elsewhere.

About Brazilians hating or not proxies. At last here in Rio de Janeiro is the opposite. A great number of the player would like that proxies be allowed even after production returns.

And I'm not complaining. I am trying to sanate a doubt. And sugesting to make the text as clear as possible. So that no missinterpratetion occurs.

And to show that this doubt have noting to do with a player nationality: Nathan Lily from Asheville, North Caroline (USA) asked in one of the facebook groups regarding the same doubt. And are not the only one aroud the world.

The text need only to be a bit more clear. Nothing more.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro

More
25 Jun 2018 18:24 #88384 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic New Expansion and Proxies
Not sure how much more clear it needs to be. BC has repeatedly said: Proxies are still allowed and we'll give you a heads up before they aren't.

Do you wants dates? They don't seem to have them yet. Exact timetables? Nope.

What are you really looking for? This question has been asked and answered many times.

More
25 Jun 2018 18:52 - 25 Jun 2018 19:09 #88385 by KzArashi

What are you really looking for?

I'm not loking for nothing. Only giving my opinion. Nothing more. :)

This question has been asked and answered many times.

What a think is if various and different peoples keep asking. Is because the way the text is presented, let people be in doubt.

The changes I suggest is:
  • Q: Currently printed proxies are allowed in some tournaments – will that end?
  • A: Yes, proxies are still allowed. That includes all past and future released cards.
    That will end at some point in the future, but not in the immediate future. We will let you know when It ends, through an official publication accessible to everyone.
  • Regarding future PDF sets: No new cards or sets (for example Lost Kindred) will be published as printable PDFs.
    That said, It is left to the player how he will produce his own proxies, respecting the determined in the tournament rules

Priest of Rio de Janeiro

Last edit: 25 Jun 2018 19:09 by KzArashi.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds