question-circle Inscription and Mirror Walk

27 Jun 2018 15:07 #88418 by Killiam
As I understand, when a do-not-replace clause is in effect, there is one card slot/space that is “counting against” the affected Methuselah’s hand size, meaning that the Methuselah must hold one card fewer.

Question 1.a: Does the do-not-replace clause count as part of the “ability of that card” that gets used by an Inscription?

1.b: If a vampire equipped with an Inscription that has Mirror Walk on it burns and uses the Inscription, must the Methuselah then drop a card to respect the do-not-replace clause on Mirror Walk?

1.c (if no to 1.a/1.b): Does anything else happen that might seem unusual or unexpected with respect to the Methuselah’s effective hand size at any point in time (e.g. when the Inscription is first played)?

Question 2: I believe that using the ability of an action modifier on an Inscription does not count as playing the action modifier, such that during a single action, a vampire could burn two Inscriptions both containing Mirror Walk, and then play a Mirror Walk. Is that correct?

Thanks Much!
-Bill Troxel

[tha] Put this equipment on a ready vampire and put a card that requires Thaumaturgy [tha] from your hand on it (face up, out of play; this acting vampire pays the cost of that card). The vampire with this equipment can burn this equipment to use the basic Thaumaturgy ability of that card.
[THA] As above, but the vampire can use the superior Thaumaturgy [THA] ability of the card.

Mirror Walk
Action Modifier
Do not replace until your discard phase.
[tha] +1 stealth.
[THA] As [tha] above, and if this action is blocked, the action ends (with no combat).

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2018 15:31 - 27 Jun 2018 15:31 #88419 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Inscription and Mirror Walk

Question 1.a: Does the do-not-replace clause count as part of the “ability of that card” that gets used by an Inscription?

No.

1.b: If a vampire equipped with an Inscription that has Mirror Walk on it burns and uses the Inscription, must the Methuselah then drop a card to respect the do-not-replace clause on Mirror Walk?

No.

1.c (if no to 1.a/1.b): Does anything else happen that might seem unusual or unexpected with respect to the Methuselah’s effective hand size at any point in time (e.g. when the Inscription is first played)?

No, nothing.

Question 2: I believe that using the ability of an action modifier on an Inscription does not count as playing the action modifier, such that during a single action, a vampire could burn two Inscriptions both containing Mirror Walk, and then play a Mirror Walk. Is that correct?

Correct. The card on Inscription isn't "played" and the rulebook says "A minion cannot play the same action modifier more than once during a single action." You can treat it like stealth provided by a Monastery of Shadows for instance.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 27 Jun 2018 15:31 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, Killiam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds