file Ex Nihilo and Sniper Rifle

03 Jul 2018 11:03 - 03 Jul 2018 11:12 #88521 by Bloodartist

I was also thinking that it would feel very weird if the damage nullification would only affect hand strikes or strikes not coming from weapons (e.g Breath of Thanatos). Always better to ask though.

If it doesn't affect environmental damage, then I can envision a Dawn Operation happiness deck in the unforeseeable future.

Minion strikes with a weapon - It is both the minion AND the weapon inflicting damage. At least afaik.

Since the question basically was: "what can I damage my opponent with while having ex nihilo on me"? The answer is: enviromental damage such as carrion crows, murder of crows, wolf companion etc. Theft of blood seems like a working option as well, since it isn't damage.

I am not entirely sure right now whether damage from outside the hourglass is dealt by the minion or not.. Its a combat card and says "inflict 2 damage on the opposing minion" but not "This minion inflicts 2 damage on the opposing minion". I'd like to know..
EDIT: After some digging, apparently it is the minion inflicting the damage.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 03 Jul 2018 11:12 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2018 17:00 #88581 by js_vtes
Replied by js_vtes on topic Ex Nihilo and Sniper Rifle

I can envision a Dawn Operation happiness deck in the unforeseeable future.

"he or she is immune to non-aggravated damage"

Are you sure?

No...I am not that sure anymore. :silly: Mistakes happen when cards are read. :P

Dawn Operation + Skin of Night, perhaps?

More
06 Aug 2018 18:34 #89707 by Robert Scythe

I can envision a Dawn Operation happiness deck in the unforeseeable future.

"he or she is immune to non-aggravated damage"

Are you sure?

No...I am not that sure anymore. :silly: Mistakes happen when cards are read. :P

Dawn Operation + Skin of Night, perhaps?

This can be done more efficiently without the Ex Nihilo, especially since having it makes one harder to block.

I do have a very entertaining old Eze deck that utilizes The EH with Drawing out The Beast, Carrion Crows, Weather Control and IG. I still have to protect him from agg with Chill of Oblivion, Leather Jacket and Blood Tears of Kephran. Plus he rushes with a Talbot's Chainsaw that targets himself during unlock. Sounds convoluted but it does well, played it in a tournament once and it made the final.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds