file Orun + Barrenness [RTR]

19 Jul 2018 16:26 #89053 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Orun + Barrenness [RTR]
The check of blood to vampire capacity would occur after the card is attached. That check is looking for: is blood greater than capacity.

At this point Barrenness is attached to the vampire. The is no "other Methuselah" at that point to kick in Orun's (badly written) text.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 16:31 #89054 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Orun + Barrenness [RTR]
Barrenness at basic gives -2 capacity and doesn't care about the vampire's capacity. The blood in excess of the capacity drains off because of the rules, not because of Barrenness. So Orun has no interaction with Barrenness at basic.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 16:33 - 19 Jul 2018 16:37 #89056 by Emaranhado
Replied by Emaranhado on topic Orun + Barrenness [RTR]

Ankha wrote: Barrenness at basic gives -2 capacity and doesn't care about the vampire's capacity. The blood in excess of the capacity drains off because of the rules, not because of Barrenness. So Orun has no interaction with Barrenness at basic.


On superior, would it be affected?

Also:
10 [Orun] and 10 [Barrenness] on a [Lucian, the Perfect]. A third methuselah plays [Golconda, Inner Peace] on Lucian. I receive, then 11 pool (10*2 + 10*(-2) + 11)?
Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 16:37 by Emaranhado.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2018 20:05 #89073 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Orun + Barrenness [RTR]

Emaranhado wrote:

Ankha wrote: Barrenness at basic gives -2 capacity and doesn't care about the vampire's capacity. The blood in excess of the capacity drains off because of the rules, not because of Barrenness. So Orun has no interaction with Barrenness at basic.


On superior, would it be affected?

Yes, for instance you couldn't play Maleficia at superior on a cap 5 vampire with 2 Barrenness attached to him (because the vampire would be of capacity 1, +2 for the Orun, and wouldn't meet the requirement of being a 1-cap). But if the vampire at 3 Barrenness on him, you could (because 5 - 6 + 2 = 1)

Emaranhado wrote: Also:
10 [Orun] and 10 [Barrenness] on a [Lucian, the Perfect]. A third methuselah plays [Golconda, Inner Peace] on Lucian. I receive, then 11 pool (10*2 + 10*(-2) + 11)?

Yes.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emaranhado

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum