question-circle Some Questions

21 Jul 2018 17:05 - 21 Jul 2018 17:06 #89152 by manituan
Some Questions was created by manituan
Recenty we played our first VTES session in years and a lot of rule questions came up.

- If I steal an equipment, ally, location or vampire and the original controller of those cards is ousted before me, do I keep them until the end of the game?

- Can "Unleash Hell´s Fury" block a (D) action targeting a vampire/location I control? The card says "only against you".

- If I reduce the capacity of a vampire with Barrenness and I´m ousted, does the affected vampire get his or her capacity back?

- How do I know in general if a card played by an ousted player stays in the table?

Thank you.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 17:06 by manituan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2018 17:58 - 21 Jul 2018 18:46 #89156 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Some Questions

- If I steal an equipment, ally, location or vampire and the original controller of those cards is ousted before me, do I keep them until the end of the game?

Yes. Use proxies if the player must pack up and leave.

- Can "Unleash Hell´s Fury" block a (D) action targeting a vampire/location I control? The card says "only against you".

Yes. See the rulebook section 6.2.2 on (D) actions: the (or a card you control) part is just a redundant clarification, a (D) action against one of your cards is always a (D) action against you.

- If I reduce the capacity of a vampire with Barrenness and I´m ousted, does the affected vampire get his or her capacity back?

- How do I know in general if a card played by an ousted player stays in the table?

See question 1. Barrenness is put on vampire. Attached minion cards are controlled by the minion's controller, so they stay in play after you are ousted.

The general rule is: cards you control burn when you are ousted. You control:
1) All unattached cards in your controlled region,
2) All minion cards attached to your cards, no matter who played them,
3) Master cards you play, no matter what they are attached to.

1 covers you first question about stealing. 2 means: you Disarm someone, you get ousted, Disarm stays in play. 3 means: you Pentex someone, you get ousted, Pentex burns. That is also why burning the Pentex is a (D) action against the Methuselah who played it, while burning a Pulled Fangs is an undirected action.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2018 18:46 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manituan

More
21 Jul 2018 18:08 #89159 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Some Questions

When a player is ousted, cards they control are removed from the game. Any cards controlled by someone else stay with them. If the control is temporary (e.g. Mind Rape), then it's burned when it would be returned to them.

Actions against something you control are also against you. [LSJ 20090324]

From the rulebook, 1.6.3:
By default, a minion card in play is controlled by the controller of the minion it is on.

Barrennness card text:
[mal] (D) Put this card on a vampire and unlock this acting vampire. This vampire is sterile and his or her capacity decreases by 2 (to a minimum of 1.) [mal] is not a Discipline.

So it's a minion card, so by default the controller is whoever it's on. When you're ousted, Barrenness stays in play on another Methuselah's minion, because you don't control it.

Work out who controls it. If it's the ousted player, it goes with them.

Rulebook, 1.6.2:
A master card in play is, by default, controlled by the Methuselah who played it, even if it is played on a card controlled by another Methuselah.

Rulebook, 1.6.3
"By default, a minion card in play is controlled by the controller of the minion it is on. If a minion card is just in play and not on another controlled card, then it is, by default, controlled by the Methuselah who played it."

Rulebook, 1.6.4
An event card is controlled by the Methuselah who played it, by default.

Then check for explicit card text like "You still control this card" (e.g. Temptation). Or for explicit change of control effects that have been played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: manituan

More
21 Jul 2018 18:37 #89161 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Some Questions
about master card,if you play discipline card or vesel on minion of another player,who is counted as controler?

More
21 Jul 2018 20:50 #89171 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Some Questions

about master card,if you play discipline card or vesel on minion of another player,who is counted as controler?

Rulebook, 1.6.2:
A master card in play is, by default, controlled by the Methuselah who played it, even if it is played on a card controlled by another Methuselah.

Note that using Vessel doesn't care about who Vessel's controller it, it looks at the controller of the vampire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
10 Nov 2018 07:39 #91771 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Some Questions
I'm interested in whether it's a rule for Mind Rape changed? if read post from LSJ and jamesatzephyr we get diferent answers:

LSJ

HardyRange wrote:
> Hello,
>
> couldn't find an answer to this situation that happend yesterday:
>
> A vampire I control successfully has played Mind Rape on one of my
> prey's minions.
> However, before my next turn comes around, I am ousted.
>
> I ruled that Mind Rape, as a minion card, is controlled by the player
> of the vampire it is on.
> Since I am out of the game, I do never get another minion phase,
> therefore the condition to burn Mind Rape never triggers, and the card
> just stays in play - so the poor vamp can never untap as normal for the
> rest of the game.
>
> Was this correct?
Yes.
Google: "Mind Rape ousted author:LSJ"

groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/mind$20rape$20author$3Alsj%7Csort:date/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/jSJxgmDEAm8/Un0SLO8ycd8J

jamesatzephyr:

When a player is ousted, cards they control are removed from the game. Any cards controlled by someone else stay with them. If the control is temporary (e.g. Mind Rape), then it's burned when it would be returned to them.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds