file Claiming the body + Hay Ride

30 Jul 2018 05:52 #89450 by Nac
Hi

Reading the recent rulling on end action/fail action, I got a doubt regarding those two modifiers.

Does the text from Hay Ride allows to be played after a Claiming the body?

My first guess was that it was not a valid play but the "after resolving" makes me doubt. Many thanks in advance.

Claiming the Body
Action Modifier

Requires a ready untapped Blood Brother of the same circle as another one who has just been blocked.
[san] Cancel the combat and end the action. (Do not untap the blocking minion.)
[SAN] As above, and untap the acting Blood Brother.

Hay Ride
Action Modifier

[san] Only usable after resolving an action (successfully or not). Choose a Blood Brother of the same circle as this acting vampire. As your next action, that Blood Brother may play the action card used for this action from your ash heap as if from your hand.
[SAN] As above, but the cost of this card is reduced by 1 blood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2018 13:55 #89456 by jamesatzephyr

Does the text from Hay Ride allows to be played after a Claiming the body?

No. Claiming the Body ends the action. As per the RTR (which is re-stating existing rules on this point), when an action ends, there is nothing left to play an action modifier on. "Ends" causes the action to stop altogether, whereas "fails" takes you to unsuccessful resolution.

Additionally, the RTR doesn't say it's changing all "ends" to "fails", just that's changing some of them. (It might mean they all change over time, I don't know, but there seems to be an understandable reticence to errata cards that aren't being reprinted.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, Nac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds