question-circle How do you deal with people leaving the table before ousted

05 Aug 2018 09:28 - 05 Aug 2018 09:38 #89656 by Bloodartist

as i know self oust is legal in tournaments.

I've been told it isn't (anywhere for that matter). I'd like to hear some official response.

In general the rule where I am forced to sit at the table and be tormented when I no longer have any kind of way to influence the game, is the most despicable thing in VTES in my opinion. This happened couple years back at a casual game, where even after I was ousted, I was forced to sit and wait for the return of my powerbase montreal for another hour. I stormed out, stopped playing VTES for 6 months and darn near stopped playing VTES altogether.

ps. THIS is why I hate play-to-win rule.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 05 Aug 2018 09:38 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2018 16:17 #89667 by Ankha

as i know self oust is legal in tournaments.

I've been told it isn't (anywhere for that matter). I'd like to hear some official response.

Currently, you can self-oust if you cannot make reasonably more VPs.

In general the rule where I am forced to sit at the table and be tormented when I no longer have any kind of way to influence the game, is the most despicable thing in VTES in my opinion.

No rule forces you to sit at a table. You can leave any time (which usually means that you are disqualified from the tournament). It is not restricted to VTES, but basically any game with more than 2 players.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
05 Aug 2018 17:01 #89669 by jamesatzephyr

This happened couple years back at a casual game, where even after I was ousted, I was forced to sit and wait for the return of my powerbase montreal for another hour. I stormed out, stopped playing VTES for 6 months and darn near stopped playing VTES altogether..

You got really, really upset because you didn't ask the judge to provide a proxy card so you could go home? That's really odd. Were you temporarily robbed of all powers of communication?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Khalid1988

More
06 Aug 2018 02:37 #89682 by Boris The Blade

This happened couple years back at a casual game, where even after I was ousted, I was forced to sit and wait for the return of my powerbase montreal for another hour.

There is no reason for that: just proxy the card if the player wants to leave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

More
06 Aug 2018 07:01 #89686 by ReverendRevolver
Playing to win coincides with self ousting on some rare occasions:

The fact that you must maximize your VPs means when Lucian the perfect bleeds you for 4 and you're at 3 pool with no ready minions AI is legal, as your are collecting your 0 VPs as you deem fit.

Frustratingly, in final tables seed order for first seed player (especially if you oust the person right under you in points) makes it more likely you can win by self ousting in some situations, especially if you got an oust.of seed 2, and your predator was lowest going in. Maybe your grand predator takes the game with 2 vps, but giving an oust to your predator removes that potential outcome.

Sometimes the oile of pool method is less disruptive to the table; let's say Nos breed n boom is getting back rushed by his prey fir no apparent reason and has only 2 princes left above ground. In disgust, at the very likely outcome of being ousted with 2 turns, they can throw 2 con boons each turn toward grand prey or their own predator to ensure their prey cant win.

More
06 Aug 2018 11:34 - 06 Aug 2018 11:39 #89691 by Tendoncutter

The pool is "left into the table" ( proxys of the real ones ) with all permanents and the predator still has to oust it.

I assume that no minions stay? How would this work with a predator who removes pool by primarily torporing famed minions/tension/dragonbound etc.
Would the predator have to potentially bleed for 1 with all minions at a slow pace, in order to get the vp and move on to grandprey?
Last edit: 06 Aug 2018 11:39 by Tendoncutter.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds