question-circle How do you deal with people leaving the table before ousted

02 Aug 2018 14:37 #89544 by DJHedgehog

If you give the VP right away, then you change too much the course and pace of the game. A player that had make plans according to the current flow will be penalized (for instance, your prey gains instantaneously 6 pool, when you were planning to oust her during your next turn). By leaving the pool, the table dynamics is less altered.

With the important exception that the person's new prey might block actions that will contribute to the future state of the game.

Your prey is more than just a pool total. Even a single damage from a hand strike can change the course of the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2018 14:56 - 02 Aug 2018 14:57 #89545 by Ankha

If you give the VP right away, then you change too much the course and pace of the game. A player that had make plans according to the current flow will be penalized (for instance, your prey gains instantaneously 6 pool, when you were planning to oust her during your next turn). By leaving the pool, the table dynamics is less altered.

With the important exception that the person's new prey might block actions that will contribute to the future state of the game.

Your prey is more than just a pool total. Even a single damage from a hand strike can change the course of the game.

As you say, he *might*. This is hypothetical.
Whereas the gain of 6 pool is not.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Aug 2018 14:57 by Ankha.

More
02 Aug 2018 15:23 #89546 by ReverendRevolver
If they dont transfer out there's always the "your prey is this inert pile of 12 pool" angle.

Of course, some players feel like an inert pile of 12 pool all game when their prey has no pressure, but you get the point.

More
02 Aug 2018 17:05 #89548 by DJHedgehog

As you say, he *might*. This is hypothetical.
Whereas the gain of 6 pool is not.

They're going to gain 6 pool either way. Maybe take a few turns, but if they want to oust they will. And now they have a choice not to, which means they can insulate themselves against a prey they think will block tool up actions or who may enter combat in some way.

More
02 Aug 2018 18:34 #89552 by beslin igor
VEKN organization should adopt a rule for such cases. I do not know whether such things happen in the tournaments, but they are certainly happening in friendly games as well as in online games via Lackey.
When I talk about rules in online league with Martin W.,we make decision after player quit his predator gain 1vp and 3 pool. We certainly agreed that this is not the perfect solution, but we could not think of anything better.
For years I've been thinking about a wider solution to this problem, I even wanted to share my opinion and ask for comments from other players, but I never took and wrote down everything I imagined.
We should certainly think about how to manage the pool, the locations and minions for player who escaped.
if you are interested in my opinion, in the coming days I could write suggestions about the player leaving the table

More
02 Aug 2018 20:05 #89556 by Lönkka
Happened in the last tournament I ran in December.

One player in the finals had to leave 5-10 minutes before the end of the game to get the train back to a city 200km away...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds