file Poison Pill - Ancient Influence

12 Aug 2018 21:42 #89928 by thelonius reloaded
I'm sorry but I can't post the 2 cards text.

Poison Pill states that the Methuselah calling the referendum LOSES the same amount of pool you LOSE for the referendum.

Ancient Influence (but also Kine resources contested or reins of power) uses the wording "burn pool".

In my opinion it's obvious that the burnt pool is lost, then poison pill works, but I 'd prefer it's crystal clear...

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2018 21:47 #89929 by Snodig
Poison Pill
[Reaction]
Only usable during a referendum, before votes and ballots are cast.
If the referendum passes and the effect of the referendum causes you to lose pool, the controller of the acting vampire loses the same amount of pool (in addition to the effects of the referendum).

Ancient Influence
[Political Action]
Successful referendum means each Methuselah may choose a ready vampire he or she controls. Each Methuselah gains an amount of pool from the blood bank equal to his or her chosen vampire's capacity. Each Methuselah then burns 5 pool. Only one Ancient Influence can be played in a game.

More
13 Aug 2018 06:11 - 13 Aug 2018 06:11 #89940 by Ankha
Burning pool and losing pool are the same.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 06:11 by Ankha.

More
13 Aug 2018 06:53 #89942 by Snodig

This is undoubtedly true, but how does the math work out with a card such as Ancient Influence?
Does the acting Methuselah always burn 5, or would it be (<reacting Methiselah gained> - 5)?

More
13 Aug 2018 07:10 - 13 Aug 2018 07:56 #89943 by Bloodartist

This is undoubtedly true, but how does the math work out with a card such as Ancient Influence?
Does the acting Methuselah always burn 5, or would it be (<reacting Methiselah gained> - 5)?

The card says to burn 5 pool, therefore poison pill makes you burn 5 pool. Thats my take at least. Poison pill doesn't care how much pool you gain. Its always an option for the player calling referendum to vote the refendum down him/herself. Thats what the card is for, after all, a threat.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 07:56 by Bloodartist.

More
13 Aug 2018 08:33 - 13 Aug 2018 08:34 #89950 by Ankha

Card text: the Methuselah gains pool, then burns 5 pool. (not: gains X-5 pool).

This is why you can't withdraw even if you gain pool in the end after an Ancient Influence, or if a vampire you control loses 1 blood and somehow regains it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 13 Aug 2018 08:34 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snodig

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds