file Mambo Jeanne - Relentless Reaper/Groaging Corpse vs S:CE

19 Aug 2018 15:22 #90114 by Sambomb

Independent: Minions opposing Jeanne take 2 environmental damage each round during normal strike resolution at close range. +1 bleed.

:for: Prevent 1 damage.

:thn: Press.

:THN: Only usable when both combatants are still ready and combat would end. Burn 1 blood to start a new round instead.

Only usable before range is determined.
:thn: X is the number of Groaning Corpses already played this combat. The opposing minion takes 1 damage each round of combat during strike resolution if the range is close.
:THN: As above, but for 2 damage. A vampire may play only one Groaning Corpse at superior each combat.
  1. A - When a Minion opposing Mambo Jeanne use a Strike: Combat Ends they still take damage from her card text or "normal strike" are new term for strikes that are not Combat ends, dodges or first strikes.
  2. B - After the opposing minion Strike: Combat Ends, if I use Relentless Reaper the "normal strike" are lost because the combat ended before it happen and started again at a new round?
  3. C - Unlike Mambo Jeanne that have "Normal strike" Groanning Corpse use the text "during strike resolution" how it interacts with Strike: Combat Ends ? The minion take the damage before the strike possibly sending the vampire to torpor before the strike happens avoiding an untap from superior Majesty for example? The damage is inflicted after the Strike: Combat Ends resolves ending the combat and untaping from a superior Majesty? No damage happens?

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2018 15:51 #90115 by Snodig
1: "Normal strike resolution" is just another way of saying "not for additional strikes". So, S:CE trumps this, and no damage is taken.
2: Yes.
3: Groaning corpse clearly says "normal strike resolution", just like Mambo Jeanne. The damage is still lost, as S:CE comes into effect first. No damage.

More
19 Aug 2018 17:53 #90125 by Snodig

More
19 Aug 2018 21:03 #90132 by Sambomb

1: "Normal strike resolution" is just another way of saying "not for additional strikes". So, S:CE trumps this, and no damage is taken.
2: Yes.
3: Groaning corpse clearly says "normal strike resolution", just like Mambo Jeanne. The damage is still lost, as S:CE comes into effect first. No damage.

1 - If it’s related with additional strikes ( opposing them ) I got more confused with you answer. The s:ce is handled during the normal strike and as I’m the acting minion I should be able to choose wich effects happens first.
2 - Ok
3 - Look at card text list instead of the picture.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
19 Aug 2018 21:33 - 19 Aug 2018 21:36 #90135 by Snodig
What I mean is "normal strike resolution" is just a reminder that her effect does not occur when additional strikes are played. Only during resolution of the initial strike does the opposing minion take two environmental damage.
S:CE ends combat "before" that initial strike resolution, so no damage taken.

Acting minions don't get to choose what order effects resolve in.
Acting minion plays cards first, but strikes are simultaneous - with S:CE ending combat before the opposing strike would hit.

Yes, I see the old card text for groaning corpse. "Normal strike resolution" is a term you won't find in older cards; it used to be called just "strike resolution". It's really just a reminder that it doesn't happen more than once, but the intended meaning is the same.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2018 21:36 by Snodig.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds