file Narsheptha + FBI

13 Sep 2018 07:02 - 13 Sep 2018 07:03 #90581 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Narsheptha + FBI

The thing is, the trigger "X" is "When an ally is burned in combat with an acting vampire". In combat, the vampire wasn't considered the acting vampire. So no ally was burned in combat with an acting vampire - there wasn't an acting vampire in the combat. And though the vampire becomes considered acting again afterwards, that doesn't mean the ally was "burned in combat with an acting vampire", if Nar-Sheptha makes the vampire considered non-acting.

I second James.

Since ally was not in combat with an acting vampire, FBI does not trigger or get a counter.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 13 Sep 2018 07:03 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2018 08:29 #90585 by Khaan
Replied by Khaan on topic Narsheptha + FBI
Thanks James and others, this was my thought as well, though not as clearly formulated.

Lackeyname: Kris

More
13 Sep 2018 09:02 #90588 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Narsheptha + FBI

"When an ally is burned in combat with an acting vampire, put a counter on this card, and that acting vampire takes 2 unpreventable damage (after combat ends)."

If I am right, "when X, then do Y" means that all Y part is in the same time (in this case after combat ends), so:

The thing is, the trigger "X" is "When an ally is burned in combat with an acting vampire". In combat, the vampire wasn't considered the acting vampire. So no ally was burned in combat with an acting vampire - there wasn't an acting vampire in the combat. And though the vampire becomes considered acting again afterwards, that doesn't mean the ally was "burned in combat with an acting vampire", if Nar-Sheptha makes the vampire considered non-acting.

Correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds