file Questions about Marie-Pierre

29 Sep 2018 19:18 #90834 by mjvtes521

Can Marie-Pierre special stop efect of Rotschreck to another Samedi going to torpor?

No way.

Way.

It’s not stopping that combat from ending nor starting a new combat involving the vampire that got Rotschrecked. It’s just starting a new combat with Marie-Pierre after combat has ended.

Which is also true if someone plays Fast Reaction. Which interrupts Rotschreck's resolution, nullifying the "go to torpor" effect (but not the effects that have already happened, nor the in-play effect).

[RTR 01-MAY-2002]

Effects that end combat and then do something else after combat (all in the
single resolution of the effect) will fizzle if combat doesn't end or if a
new combat is started. (Changes: Rotschreck followed by Fast Reaction or
Psyche! will nullify the torpor effect.) Note that this doesn't apply to
end combat and untap effects - the untap effect is not delayed to after
combat (see Majesty ruling above).

I stand corrected. Rotschreck is no match for Samedi combat!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2018 19:36 #90835 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Questions about Marie-Pierre

I'm pretty sure that Marie-Pierre is never acting when she uses her ability, so she can't play freak drive after the combat she entered with her ability.

Correct.

"Never" is slightly too strong.

Yes, read: using her ability doesn't make Marie-Pierre an acting vampire.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Sep 2019 07:02 #97049 by beslin igor

Can Marie-Pierre special stop efect of Rotschreck to another Samedi going to torpor?

No way.

Way.

It’s not stopping that combat from ending nor starting a new combat involving the vampire that got Rotschrecked. It’s just starting a new combat with Marie-Pierre after combat has ended.

Which is also true if someone plays Fast Reaction. Which interrupts Rotschreck's resolution, nullifying the "go to torpor" effect (but not the effects that have already happened, nor the in-play effect).

[RTR 01-MAY-2002]

Effects that end combat and then do something else after combat (all in the

I mean on last part : "Rules Team Rulings"]Effects that end combat and then do something else after combat (all in the

From rulebook: Rotschreck is played when the attempt to use aggravated damage is announced, during the strike announcement phase (before any damage prevention can be played). It can be played after the other strike is announced, however.

So i beleive there can be scenario: acting minion use aggravated damage and some player in table play Rotschreck to sent reacting vampire in torpor,can reacting vampire play Mayesty + Psyche to be unlocked,or him cannot chose strike?

More
21 Sep 2019 09:54 #97050 by jamesatzephyr

[So i beleive there can be scenario: acting minion use aggravated damage and some player in table play Rotschreck to sent reacting vampire in torpor,can reacting vampire play Mayesty + Psyche to be unlocked,or him cannot chose strike?

When Rotschreck is played, combat ends. During the resolution of Rotschreck, you can play cards that interrupt it, such as Telepathic Tracking, Psyche!, Fast Reaction etc. If that doesn't happen, combat is over. The other minion then doesn't get the impulse to play their strike, because combat is over.

Rotschreck can be played after both strikes are chosen though, even if it's being played on the acting minion's strike. www.vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-p-to-z
Rotschreck is played when the attempt to use aggravated damage is announced, during the strike announcement phase (before any damage prevention can be played). It can be played after the other strike is announced, however. [LSJ 19990217]

So I (acting) could shoot you with my Ivory Bow, you could play Majesty, and then someone couuld play Rotschreck against me. This may be useful for you to cycle your Majesty - but the untap effect is irrelevant, because combat has ended during the choosing of strikes. Your Majesty never resolved, so the untap effect never happens - that happens at strike resolution, not the play of the card. By the time your Majesty resolves, it's too late to play Rotschreck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds