file Smiling Jack

05 Oct 2018 23:44 #90998 by nergalmcl
Smiling Jack was created by nergalmcl
Question 1:
Can i share between pool and blood?

Q2:
Can i share between two vampires?

Q3:
Can i share between pool, and two vampires?

The answer about this card in Cards Runling says nothing about it.

Smiling Jack, The Anarch, Master
Unique. Put this card in play. During your unlock phase, move 1 counter from your pool to Jack. During each other Methuselah's unlock phase, that Methuselah burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood from a vampire they control for each counter on Jack. Any vampire can burn this card as a (D) action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2018 00:52 #90999 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Smiling Jack
I think yes to all your questions.

Think of it like this:

For each counter on Jack, choose one (1):
* Burn 1 pool.
* Burn 1 blood from a vampire you control.

If there are 3 counters on Jack, you're making the above choice three times. You can 'share' between your pool and any of your vampire's blood as you choose.

Maybe it would help if it were worded differently:
During each other Methuselah's unlock phase, for each counter on Jack, that Methuselah burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood from a vampire they control.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
06 Oct 2018 09:05 - 06 Oct 2018 09:06 #91000 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Smiling Jack
Correct.

During each other Methuselah's unlock phase, for each counter on Jack, that Methuselah burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood from a vampire they control.

and "During each other Methuselah's unlock phase, that Methuselah burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood from a vampire they control for each counter on Jack"

are the same.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 06 Oct 2018 09:06 by Ankha.

More
06 Oct 2018 15:21 #91004 by nergalmcl
Replied by nergalmcl on topic Smiling Jack
Thank you. :)

More
06 Oct 2018 17:26 #91005 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Smiling Jack

Correct.

and "During each other Methuselah's unlock phase, that Methuselah burns 1 pool or burns 1 blood from a vampire they control for each counter on Jack"

are the same.

Well, I get what you mean. It could be also parsed as "burn 1 pool" or "burn X blood" (which is not the case).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds