file Powerbase: Tshwane vs. House of Sorrow

21 Oct 2018 09:14 #91339 by Mateusz
Question: can i combine both cards to reduce the cost of a single card i play by 2 pool instead of one?

Powerbase: Tshwane
Tap this location to reduce the cost of a card you play by 1 pool (this location is not tapped if that card is canceled as it is played). Any Laibon may steal this location for his or her controller as a (D) action.

House of Sorrow
Master: unique location.
Tap to untap any card you control that is not a minion. If you do so, neither that card nor this location untap as normal on your next untap phase.

"Renegade Garou, can do!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 19:18 #91522 by Mateusz
Nobody any idea?!?

More
27 Oct 2018 06:55 #91523 by beslin igor
you probably not good explain scenario to people can understand.
so you scenario is: you have these both locations in play. you play any master cards who cost 2 pool. so you question is: can you lock Powerbase: Tshwane to reduce cost by 1,and then use House of Sorrow to unlock Powerbase: Tshwane and again lock Powerbase: Tshwane and this cost be reduced for 2 total. I never see that in play and i think you cant use 1 card (Powerbase: Tshwane) to reduce cost 2 times

More
27 Oct 2018 13:30 #91524 by Mateusz

you probably not good explain scenario to people can understand.
so you scenario is: you have these both locations in play. you play any master cards who cost 2 pool. so you question is: can you lock Powerbase: Tshwane to reduce cost by 1,and then use House of Sorrow to unlock Powerbase: Tshwane and again lock Powerbase: Tshwane and this cost be reduced for 2 total. I never see that in play and i think you cant use 1 card (Powerbase: Tshwane) to reduce cost 2 times

I am sorry, but what you describe is exactly what i meant (ofc not only when playing a Mastercard but also getting a Magnum 44 for instance)

Well, thanks for your insight, though i dont see the exact point ruleswise WHY it should not work? PB:TSW and House of sorrow dont give a limitation on how many times they can be used in a single turn/action and as both are also not action modifiers or reactions, why should there be a limitation? I could use House of sorrow to untap my ecoterrorists f.e. to use it twice in a single turn, or not?

More
27 Oct 2018 13:44 #91525 by ReverendRevolver
Twice 1 turn is ok, I'm not sure on the timing of when you tap as you play the card that costs pool.

If you tap for vessel, HoS, then tap for Dreams of the Sphinx, it works.

What you described, I'm not sure. I'm decidedly not good at finding rulings of "tap to reduce " timing. It may be just when paying, but that still may leave a window for what you're asking.

Its not efficient for .44 cost reduction. But that doesn't mean I can say its not possible.

More
27 Oct 2018 14:08 #91526 by Nac
As far as I remember, only restriction were on cards with "during x do y" and similar templates, but Powerbase: Tshwane is not written that way. Ecoterrorist on the other hand, is only usable once every influence phase no matter how you untap it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds