file Coven and secure haven

23 Oct 2018 07:21 - 23 Oct 2018 07:23 #91406 by Bloodartist
Questions arising from last nights lackey play. I suppose I will make a separate thread for each question even though I would like to put them all into one..

Question:
Minion has secure haven on it. If you give it blood using the Coven, do you pay pool?
(it was ruled that you do not, although it was not important to the game results)

I was unsure about the "or that target" part.

Secure haven
Master: unique location. Haven.
Put this card on a minion you control. This minion cannot be the target of other Methuselahs' actions. Any Methuselah burns an additional pool when playing master cards on (or that target) this minion. Burn this card if this minion enters torpor. A minion may have only one haven.

Coven, the
Unique master. Trifle.
Put this card into play. Tap to move 2 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control. During your discard phase, your predator takes control of The Coven.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 23 Oct 2018 07:23 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2018 07:31 #91408 by jamesatzephyr

Question:
Minion has secure haven on it. If you give it blood using the Coven, do you pay pool?

Activating a master card that is already in play - such as tapping an intercept location - doesn't trigger Secure Haven's text. That text is limited to playing the card. It covers both cards that actually go on the vampire (e.g. Haven Uncovered, Animalism) or that target the vampire (e.g. Minion Tap). It doesn't cover cards that are not being played.

Coven is played and put in play. It is then later, separately tap-able. Of course, the first time you use it may be almost immediately - but that is not part of playing the card.

More
23 Oct 2018 08:03 #91409 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Coven and secure haven
Thanks. I felt the wording was slightly ambiguous so its good to get a clarification.

I was unsure whether the text made a bigger difference between playing a card on, and targeting the vampire. As in merely targeting, not necessarily playing the card as it targets. With this interpretation cards that are already in play and that target would have been affected.

More
23 Oct 2018 08:11 #91411 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Coven and secure haven

Thanks. I felt the wording was slightly ambiguous so its good to get a clarification.

I was unsure whether the text made a bigger difference between playing a card on, and targeting the vampire. As in merely targeting,

Secure Haven says "target of an action". Coven isn't an action.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
23 Oct 2018 08:24 #91413 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Coven and secure haven

Secure Haven says "target of an action". Coven isn't an action.

when playing master cards on (or that target) this minion.

But we are done here. Thank you for response.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds