file Jacob, the Glitch and Soul Gem

29 Oct 2018 22:14 - 29 Oct 2018 22:16 #91578 by narpassword

When you're filling up Jacob, is he controlled?

That is the question we're trying to answer here.

If you go the other way and say he's a 2 cap, why are you ignoring his quite clear card text?

Not ignoring it - im saying that when i read the cards, id say he gets blood equal to capacity - (which is 2) as he is moved. then he becomes controlled and is boosted to 6.

Id _think_ the window where blood is added is a conditional that is all resolved as part of the successful check of 'if this vampire is younger'

To me the gem effect is like an 'as it enters play' (similar to anarch convert) - then it becomes controlled with the blood you added.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 22:16 by narpassword.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2018 22:16 #91579 by jamesatzephyr

I would love if someone went back through all those LSJ rulings and put them in one place

Thanks so much for volunteering yourself to do that.

I think the best solution is to just ignore all lsj rulings

So... you turn up at your next tournament, and every single ruling LSJ made has been revoked. Does your deck even work? Who knows? Your judge is having to re-make dozens upon dozens of rulings from scratch, with no guidance whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
29 Oct 2018 22:19 #91580 by jamesatzephyr

And it's answered in the ruling that I've already cited. He's moved into play, and then the counters are moved on him when he's in play (controlled), so he's 6 capacity.

"Jacob the Glitch is moved to the ready region first (thus becoming a 6 cap), and _then_ gains blood equal to his capacity" "Yes"

More
29 Oct 2018 22:32 #91581 by narpassword

And it's answered in the ruling that I've already cited. He's moved into play, and then the counters are moved on him when he's in play (controlled), so he's 6 capacity.

Aware that you posted that thanks - point it out again doesnt really help get to the bottom of 'why it works this way'

unless the only reason we are to have is 'because it was said so'

More
29 Oct 2018 22:49 #91582 by jamesatzephyr

Aware that you posted that thanks - point it out again doesnt really help get to the bottom of 'why it works this way'

unless the only reason we are to have is 'because it was said so'

As I've pointed out, by default, things in V:TES happen sequentially. This can cause certain things to happen, or to happen differently, because the effect of part a changes things for part b.

For example, when a referendum passes, Lutz applies his damage to your prey after handling the resolution of the referendum. See [LSJ 20090115] This can cause the Lutz pool damage to be applied to a Methuselah who wasn't your prey at the time the referendum passed, if the resolution of referendum ousts a player itself.

Same here. One thing happens (bring a vampire into the ready region), then a second thing happens (counters given). The second thing works differently because the first thing increased Jacob's capacity by moving him into play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
29 Oct 2018 23:44 #91584 by Mewcat

I would love if someone went back through all those LSJ rulings and put them in one place

Thanks so much for volunteering yourself to do that.

I think the best solution is to just ignore all lsj rulings

So... you turn up at your next tournament, and every single ruling LSJ made has been revoked. Does your deck even work? Who knows? Your judge is having to re-make dozens upon dozens of rulings from scratch, with no guidance whatever.

Since nobody knows or understands his rulings, did they really happen?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds