file Jacob, the Glitch and Soul Gem

29 Oct 2018 20:42 - 29 Oct 2018 21:36 #91570 by jamesatzephyr

But what is the explanation for why he "gets blood when in play"? By the card text it looks like he comes into play WITH the blood already on him:

If it helps, assume LSJ thought there were two options that could have worked, and picked one. Many rulings work that way - something had to work one way or the other, and a choice was picked.

If you want to think about it more deeply, "with" doesn't necessarily imply the two things arrive simultaneously. Last night, I went for dinner with the CEO. That doesn't necessarily mean we arrived together. Since it doesn't require simultaneity, doing things sequentially is the default for V:TES - move card, conjure counters.

If you don't like that, assume it was an arbitrary choice between two options.
Last edit: 29 Oct 2018 21:36 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2018 20:55 #91571 by DJHedgehog

I would love if someone went back through all those LSJ rulings and put them in one place and re-ruled on them.

is that not what these are?

www.vekn.net/general-rulings
www.vekn.net/card-rulings

I don't see Jacob, The Glitch anywhere on those lists. Time to dig through the google vaults of LSJ's random rulings!

More
29 Oct 2018 20:59 #91572 by jamesatzephyr

I would love if someone went back through all those LSJ rulings and put them in one place

Thanks so much for volunteering yourself to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
29 Oct 2018 21:39 #91574 by narpassword

If you want to think about it more deeply, "with" doesn't necessarily imply the two things arrive simultaneously. Last night, I went for dinner with the CEO. That doesn't necessarily mean we arrived together. Since it doesn't require simultaneity, doing things sequentially is the default for V:TES - move card, conjure counters.

If you don't like that, assume it was an arbitrary choice between two options.

It does however imply things were organised before that dinner happened.

If we are not resolving simultaneously - and instead doing things ordered - why are we jumping out of one card resolution to resolve the effects of the crypt card mid movement?

More
29 Oct 2018 21:50 #91575 by jamesatzephyr

It does however imply things were organised before that dinner happened.

If we are not resolving simultaneously - and instead doing things ordered - why are we jumping out of one card resolution to resolve the effects of the crypt card mid movement?

When you're filling up Jacob, is he controlled? If so, his card text says he's 4 capacity bigger. If you go the other way and say he's a 2 cap, why are you ignoring his quite clear card text?

More
29 Oct 2018 21:52 #91576 by Mewcat

I would love if someone went back through all those LSJ rulings and put them in one place

Thanks so much for volunteering yourself to do that.

I think the best solution is to just ignore all lsj rulings and have someone make sensible rulings. Easy to put them in one place after that.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds