file Eternal Mask

07 Jan 2019 17:09 #92694 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Eternal Mask
Thanks James. You answered all of my questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 19:02 #92706 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Eternal Mask
next to the afore mentioned Nergal deck there is also a trick deck where you put vampires in ash heap by any means convinient (e.g. Might of Camarilla), mask them back and move ring of Martinelli between your vampires with Heidelberg, burning the mask, freeing your vampire while retaining the masked vampires.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1uck

More
09 Jan 2019 07:14 #92716 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Eternal Mask
That is amazing. Hahaha sounds like a lot of fun.

More
09 Jan 2019 12:05 - 09 Jan 2019 12:07 #92718 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Eternal Mask

You seem to be operating under the belief that if something "bad" happens to vampire A then there is or can be a knock-on effect to vampire B. That isn't true. Eternal Mask:

- brings vampire B back into play
- puts itself on vampire A, in a way which "disables" vampire A (to loosely categorise the restrictions it puts on that vampire)
- allows you to un-disable vampire A by burning both: a) Eternal Mask, and b) Vampire B.

But nothing about Eternal Mask means that either its fate, or Vampire A's fate, in any way affects Vampire B, except for the voluntary burn.

Well, the card somewhat fails to depict its flavor then. The way I see it, the vampire performing the mask pretends to be vampire B. Kind of like Hardestadt was diablerized back in the dark ages and since then his childe pretended to be him.

Therefore for these two vampires to exist simultaneously and independently is a flavor fail imo.

ps. This is a jab at card design. I have nothing to add to the rules question.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 09 Jan 2019 12:07 by Bloodartist.

More
09 Jan 2019 13:17 #92721 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Eternal Mask

Well, the card somewhat fails to depict its flavor then.

Most cards do. Why can I only use a Laptop Computer for bleeding, and not for influencing other vampires into voting for my referendum? Why god why? The way I see it, Laptop Computers should give me bonuses on every action, because I can look up the best way to burn down The Rack on Wikipedia, and find a cheap .44 Magnum on the dark web.

That this disgusting travesty of card design exists to this day makes me weep.

More
09 Jan 2019 15:21 #92725 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Eternal Mask

Well, the card somewhat fails to depict its flavor then.

Most cards do. Why can I only use a Laptop Computer for bleeding, and not for influencing other vampires into voting for my referendum? Why god why? The way I see it, Laptop Computers should give me bonuses on every action, because I can look up the best way to burn down The Rack on Wikipedia, and find a cheap .44 Magnum on the dark web.

That this disgusting travesty of card design exists to this day makes me weep.

What, you don't find it flavorful that a war ghoul can computer hack? :lol:

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds