file Black Chantry Rulebook Feedback

07 Feb 2019 11:01 #93320 by LivesByProxy
Something that confuses me:

The No Repeat Action Rule. In the rulebook, bleed actions and political actions both have it explicitly written that only one of (each of) those actions can be performed by the same minion per turn.

And in section 6.1.6:
"A minion cannot perform an action with the same action card more than once each turn, even if he unlocks. A minion cannot perform each action via the same card in play (including from the minion's own card text) more than once each turn, even if he unlocks."

But to me, this is unclear. Is attempting an action, the same thing as performing? If I attempt to bleed with Govern, for example, the cost is not payed if I am blocked, but the action is still considered 'performed'. Isn't that a bit odd?

And what about hunting? It is a cardless action, and it would seem, as the rules were written (by omission in this case), that a minion could hunt infinitely, provided they had enough Freak Drives and were not blocked. Because nothing that I can find in the rulebook says that only one hunt action can be taken per minion per turn. But the elders of my group tell me otherwise.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2019 13:45 #93323 by Timo
Actualy, you can perform any number of hunt actions each turn...

If I remember correctly, every basic action except bleeding can be performed any number of time (for example rescueing a vampire, equiping from another minion etc...)

More
07 Feb 2019 14:32 #93326 by Ankha

But to me, this is unclear. Is attempting an action, the same thing as performing?

No. The NRA kicks in when the action reaches resolution, either because it is successful, or because it is blocked (or fails).

If I attempt to bleed with Govern, for example, the cost is not payed if I am blocked, but the action is still considered 'performed'. Isn't that a bit odd?

It reached resolution.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
07 Feb 2019 16:11 #93327 by Mewcat
The following part

Wording templates
“During X, do Y”: The “during X do Y” template is used in several cards. When this template is used, only one Y can be done per X with this card. For instance, you may move blood from your vampire to your pool with Vessel only once per unlock phase.

Could use some clarification. Cards deviate from this templating and we are left to guess what is intended.

First example I find --- Qawiyya el-Ghaduba … can burn 2 blood to unlock during your minion phase.

is "can do y during x" meant to be the same as "during x, do y".
Basically you need to go through all cards like this and add them as alternate templates if this is intended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
07 Feb 2019 16:31 #93328 by Ankha

First example I find --- Qawiyya el-Ghaduba … can burn 2 blood to unlock during your minion phase.

Yes, grammatically and logically (and rule-wise).

The opposite would be very counter-intuitive.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
07 Feb 2019 16:41 - 07 Feb 2019 16:47 #93329 by Mewcat

Yes, grammatically and logically (and rule-wise).

The opposite would be very counter-intuitive.

That's not how templating works...

At the very least some acknowledgement of alternate templates (???) is needed if we are unable to reasonably go through all the variations that have cropped up over time.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2019 16:47 by Mewcat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds