file Heroic Might

04 Feb 2019 13:32 #93271 by Whisker
Heroic Might was created by Whisker
Hello, just to make sure, strikes granted by Heroic Might are not strikes requiring potence, just abilities from card in play? e.g. you can't boost them with potence altering effects like increased strength? (well the extra damage would only applie to damaging strikes anyway, but that besides the point)

Heroic Might
[Action] Action
[Potence] Potence
[3 Blood]
+3 stealth action.
[pot] Put this card on this vampire. This vampire has +1 strength. This vampire may destroy equipment as a strike. A vampire can have only one Heroic Might. Burn this card if this vampire goes to torpor.
[POT] As above, with an additional +1 strength, and this vampire can strike for 2R damage.

Artist(s): Mathias Kollros
Set(s): KoT:U

Increased Strength
[Combat] Combat
[Potence] Potence
Only usable before range is determined.
[pot] For the remainder of combat, all damaging strikes that require Potence [pot] made by this vampire inflict +1 damage.
[POT] As above, but those strikes inflict +2 damage.

Artist(s): L. A. Williams
Set(s): AH:C2, FN:PG2, CE:C/PN3, BH:PN2, LoB:PO2, Third:PB2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2019 13:45 - 04 Feb 2019 13:48 #93272 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Heroic Might

Hello, just to make sure, strikes granted by Heroic Might are not strikes requiring potence, just abilities from card in play? e.g. you can't boost them with potence altering effects like increased strength?

Curiously, the answer is actually "Yes, you can do that", with the damage-dealing strike.

Pascal did appear to think about changing it in [FZD 20160414] , but nothing has happened that I'm aware of.

For my money, I think the original ruling is wrong. If the strike requires Potence, the vampire should surely have Potence when choosing it - but card text doesn't require that, and the vampire may have lost their Potence since playing Heroic Might. (e.g. a Hand of Conrad that went away, Agent of Power that's since burned etc.) But that isn't where we currently are.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2019 13:48 by jamesatzephyr.

More
04 Feb 2019 13:52 #93273 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Heroic Might
i would add that it works only for the 2R strike. Not for an augmented handstrike

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds