file Can't take it with you

06 Mar 2019 01:41 - 06 Mar 2019 02:00 #93899 by TwoRazorReign
Ah, I think you are right. Bad examples. But fill in any damaging effect made by a minion for Carrion Crows (maybe superior Drawing Out the Beast? I don’t think you can use that against allies though...) and I'd make the same point about Nephandus' card text.
Last edit: 06 Mar 2019 02:00 by TwoRazorReign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2019 14:06 #93973 by Wannenburg
Replied by Wannenburg on topic Can't take it with you
It looks like four things need to happen;

1. Slap whoever wrote the card.
2. Errata the "or" to "and".
3. Change the name to Can't take anything with you.
4. Ban the card.

Sorry location, equipment AND retainer decks. I tried. They don't take kindly to your type around here. Let's just stick to the least amount of deck compositions as possible and go down with the ship. Bless.

More
08 Mar 2019 14:37 - 08 Mar 2019 14:40 #93974 by TwoRazorReign
Or, none of those things need to happen (except for number 2), and you just simply need to be less predictable in your deck building. I'm telling you, the only reason why Can't Take it With You killed you that one time is because someone guessed that you like to include a bunch of locations, equipment, and retainers in your decks. Being that predictable in your deck building is going to kill you.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2019 14:40 by TwoRazorReign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d-mohn

More
08 Mar 2019 14:54 #93975 by thelonius reloaded
it's a card so overpowered that is included in only 2 decks on the twda, both in a single copy. I can say in my modest experience of play that I've never seen it played at all. (By modest I mean 14 years, +100 tournaments, more than 5 European Championship)

I understand that being ousted by a single 13pool blow burns but just run some poison pill and delaying tactics

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Mar 2019 15:00 #93976 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Can't take it with you
So, what is that deck you're playing?

In all honesty stacking retainers and equipment on minions isn't a strategy in itself. Or, very rarely it is. If you're using all of your time stacking stuff on your doods, your first and foremost enemy is the time limit, not any single card that your opponents might play.

Of course you can go ahead and equip +bleed stuff, and even be successful in the main objective (ousting players), but even then a single source on a minion reaches a static bleed of 2 or 3 per minion. That is enough in almost any game.

Sure, some Murder of Crows + Pack Alpha Laibon stuff could work if you want to have your rushes from locations instead of Deep Song, but even then... how much do you really even need?

If you pack just enough stuff to win, you'll save both time (and could actually oust someone within time limit) and save yourself from dying to obscure things like Can't Take it with You.

Just trying to help you here. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
08 Mar 2019 16:09 - 08 Mar 2019 16:10 #93977 by jamesatzephyr

In all honesty stacking retainers and equipment on minions isn't a strategy in itself. Or, very rarely it is.

Get into combat somehow. Play 10-15 Zip Guns. Borrow someone else's vampire (Spirit Marionette, Mind Rape etc.). Heidelberg the Zip Guns over. Wait until the vampire goes back. Oust them with a CTIWY or two. Repeat.

Sadly, the Zip Guns will be removed from the game when they're ousted, so you can't try to put them back into your library. wipes away a tear
Last edit: 08 Mar 2019 16:10 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds