file New player with a new few doubts

07 May 2019 11:30 #94810 by Zouse
Hello Guys, very much appreciate the help with my previous post...a new battery of questions appears. This game...is a never end of questions XD

Case 1. If in a combat with another vampire, I used a strike aggravated, and the other vampire is already going torpor, I guess I cannot play a additional strilke or a press to damage him more. I mean, the strike resolution is made 1 by 1 one before going to the additional isnt?

Case 2. Is legal to play Entombment (Send oppossite vampire to Torpor) + Decapitate (If a vampire is going to torpor, burn him instead)

Case 3. We cannot make the same action with the same vampire two times, for example I cannot bleed two times after a Freak Drive or whatever. But Can I enter two times or three or four in combat with different Cards, As Rumble, Ambush, Bum Rush, Harass?

Case 4. Skin of Steel, Rolling with punches, "prevent all damage from opposite minion strike" Is Entombment enter in this group, as its NOT damage, just send vampire to torpor. I mean Skin of Steel will prevent that too?

Thanks guys, I think new doubts will come in a few XD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2019 11:41 #94811 by Yomyael

Hello Guys, very much appreciate the help with my previous post...a new battery of questions appears. This game...is a never end of questions XD

Case 1. If in a combat with another vampire, I used a strike aggravated, and the other vampire is already going torpor, I guess I cannot play a additional strilke or a press to damage him more. I mean, the strike resolution is made 1 by 1 one before going to the additional isnt?

Correct. First are all initial strikes resolved, including damage prevention, then you have the opportunity to play additional strikes. Then you have the opportunity to press. If a vampire is going to torpor during any of these steps, combat ends immediately (after giving you the opportunity to play end of round / end of combat effects).

Case 2. Is legal to play Entombment (Send oppossite vampire to Torpor) + Decapitate (If a vampire is going to torpor, burn him instead)

Yes it is.

Case 3. We cannot make the same action with the same vampire two times, for example I cannot bleed two times after a Freak Drive or whatever. But Can I enter two times or three or four in combat with different Cards, As Rumble, Ambush, Bum Rush, Harass?

Different action cards with functionally the same effect are allowed, except for Bleed and Political actions, as these are limited to 1 per turn by the rules.

Case 4. Skin of Steel, Rolling with punches, "prevent all damage from opposite minion strike" Is Entombment enter in this group, as its NOT damage, just send vampire to torpor. I mean Skin of Steel will prevent that too?

Entombment simply sends a vampire to torpor. There is no damage involved, therefore you cannot play prevention. All strikes that do not explicitly mention damage cannot be prevented.

Prince of Bonn, Germany

More
07 May 2019 12:05 #94812 by Zouse
Thank you very much. Case 4 is sweet against my extra fortitude friend... XD

More
09 May 2019 09:27 #94848 by Lönkka
#3 Bleed and Political actions are restricted to once per turn. Other than that, you could basically play each Action card of the game once (and some would allow multiple uses, such as Nocturn), provided you could untap.

Note that even if some Action cards have vastly different actions as inferior and superior ((for example Deep Song), you can still only use each card once.

#4 To avoid going to Torpor from Entombment the opponent either needs to Dodge or Combat End.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds