question-circle Tariq Merge during influence phase

20 May 2019 18:35 #94978 by Sambomb

Related rules:
www.vekn.net/detailed-play-summary
INFLUENCE PHASE [7]
Gain Transfers (a.k.a. "Influence Phase Actions").
On turns 1, 2, and 3, gain only 1, 2, or 3 transfers, respectively.
Each turn after the third, gain exactly 4 transfers.
You may spend your transfers in any combination of the following:
   1: move one of your pool to one of your uncontrolled minions.
   2: move one blood from one of your uncontrolled minions to your pool.
   4: burn one pool and move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region.
   4: burn one pool to merge a vampire in your uncontrolled region with a vampire you control (the base and advanced versions). [1.5.6]
Any remaining transfers are lost.
Any uncontrolled vampires (minions) with blood equal or greater than their blood capacity (cost) become controlled and move to the ready region unlocked. Excess counters drain off.

If I have Information Highway in play and in my uncontroled region:
6 counters on Tariq, the Silent ( ADV ), 0 on Tariq, the Silent ( basic version ), 1 in a Anarch Convert, 0 in another Anarch Convert.
  1. Can I spend, 1 transfer to influence Tariq ( ADV), 4 transfers to merge it, 1 transfer to bring the 0 counter Anarch Convert to play transforming Tariq ( Merged ) in anarch?
  2. Can I spend, 1 transfer to influence Tariq ( ADV), bring the Anarch Convert with 1 counter to play transforming Tariq ( ADV ) in anarch and after it, 4 transfers to merge and finally 1 transfer to bring the other Anarch Convert to play transforming Tariq ( Merged ) in anarch?
  3. The "merged" before influence phase end Tariq lose 4 blood because of the non merged text?

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2019 17:02 #94994 by Timo
First it costs no transfer to bring an influenced minion into play.

Then if I am correct, you can bring a full Tariq in play during your influence phase. At this time Tariq is controlled and is not merged so his capacity is reduced by his card text. So you lose blood accordingly.

You can bring a full Convert in play and then using (or not) his text to make Tariq Anarch.

You can then use 4 transfers to merge Tariq (and gain no blood for it). And bring another full Convert into play. Chosing (or not) to make Tariq (merged) Anarch.

More
21 May 2019 17:36 #94995 by cordovader

Related rules:
www.vekn.net/detailed-play-summary
INFLUENCE PHASE [7]
Gain Transfers (a.k.a. "Influence Phase Actions").
On turns 1, 2, and 3, gain only 1, 2, or 3 transfers, respectively.
Each turn after the third, gain exactly 4 transfers.
You may spend your transfers in any combination of the following:
   1: move one of your pool to one of your uncontrolled minions.
   2: move one blood from one of your uncontrolled minions to your pool.
   4: burn one pool and move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region.
   4: burn one pool to merge a vampire in your uncontrolled region with a vampire you control (the base and advanced versions). [1.5.6]
Any remaining transfers are lost.
Any uncontrolled vampires (minions) with blood equal or greater than their blood capacity (cost) become controlled and move to the ready region unlocked. Excess counters drain off.

If I have Information Highway in play and in my uncontroled region:
6 counters on Tariq, the Silent ( ADV ), 0 on Tariq, the Silent ( basic version ), 1 in a Anarch Convert, 0 in another Anarch Convert.
  1. Can I spend, 1 transfer to influence Tariq ( ADV), 4 transfers to merge it, 1 transfer to bring the 0 counter Anarch Convert to play transforming Tariq ( Merged ) in anarch?
  2. Can I spend, 1 transfer to influence Tariq ( ADV), bring the Anarch Convert with 1 counter to play transforming Tariq ( ADV ) in anarch and after it, 4 transfers to merge and finally 1 transfer to bring the other Anarch Convert to play transforming Tariq ( Merged ) in anarch?
  3. The "merged" before influence phase end Tariq lose 4 blood because of the non merged text?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. As soon as Tariq enters play you will need to remove excess blood.

More
21 May 2019 18:16 - 21 May 2019 18:25 #94996 by Mewcat
In the past revealing uncontrolled minions was mandatory and simultaneous. Rules change may have impacted this. Hmm

Detailed play summary III.d.4 does not describe this as optional. Also presumably you move through the steps in order so merging happens before revealing uncontrolled.

Beats me.
Last edit: 21 May 2019 18:25 by Mewcat.

More
21 May 2019 18:23 #94997 by Hakuron
The rulebook answers your last question:
The advancement card is a vampire card in all respects, so it can be influenced in the normal manner. In addition, if you already control the advancement or the associated regular "base" vampire and the other version of the vampire is in your uncontrolled region, then you can spend 4 transfers and 1 pool to move the vampire card from your uncontrolled region to the controlled vampire card (place the advancement card on top of the base card). The two cards effectively merge to form a single vampire.

Merging happens when a controlled (!) vampire meets his counterpart.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
21 May 2019 18:47 #94999 by kschaefer

You can order your influence in any way that you want and are no longer required to bring any minions into play even if they have enough counters to be controlled.

Therefore:
1. You have 6 transfers. You can do this. You will end up with a 7-capacity vampire that has 3 blood and is Anarch.
2. You have 6 transfers you can do this. You will end up with a 7-capacity vampire that has 3 blood and is Anarch. Note: nothing prevents you from using an Anarch Convert on a vampire that is already an Anarch, so this rigamarole to use two AC is not necessary. You could use both of them at the end, if you wanted.
3. Yes, he will lose 4 blood. There is a definite order and it does not matter which Tariq is first. He becomes a 3-capacity vampire and the excess will go to the blood bank. All of that must be resolve before you can merge him.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds