file Venenation, Change of Target and Psychomachia

24 May 2019 14:46 #95068 by Palamedes
I need confirmation about Venenation, since the Change of Target text is changed.
Is the combination Venenation (put the corrupt counter) and then Change of target valid?

Also, is the combination of Venenation and Psychomachia ( on both :pre: and :dai: ) works the same as combination above?

What are other cards that work well with Venenation in this manner?

Thanks.

Venenation
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Serpentis
Only usable when this acting minion is blocked, before combat begins.
:ser: Place a corruption counter on the blocking minion. If the number of your corruption counters on the minion equals or exceeds the blood capacity of that vampire or the cost of that ally, you may burn all of your corruption counters on that minion to gain control of him or her (combat is canceled). Otherwise, combat occurs as normal.
:SER: As above, but the cost of this card is reduced by 1 blood.

Change of Target
Only usable if this minion is blocked, before block resolution.
Unlock this acting minion, and the action ends (unsuccessfully). This minion cannot perform the same action again this turn.

Psychomachia
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Daimoinon/Presence
Only usable when an ally or younger vampire successfully blocks before locking the blocker.
:pre: Cancel the current action and unlock this acting vampire. The blocking minion is not locked.
:dai: The block fails, and the action continues. The blocking minion cannot attempt to block this action again.
:DAI: As :dai: above, and the blocking minion takes 1 damage (damage not preventable).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2019 16:05 - 24 May 2019 22:26 #95070 by Ankha
Nothing has changed for that matter.
Also, if you play Change of Target first, you can't play Venenation since CoT ends the action.

See also groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/Fhm2Zi2RZRU/K4FiHLWuSbMJ

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 May 2019 22:26 by Ankha. Reason: Added "also"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Palamedes

More
24 May 2019 16:20 - 24 May 2019 16:36 #95072 by Robba Yaga
Not to be a fly in the ointment here, but it was a viable strategy originally and given the card text, it still seems viable.

Change of Target: Only usable if this minion is blocked, before block resolution.
Psychomachia: Only usable when an ally or younger vampire successfully blocks before locking the blocker.
Venenation: Only usable when this acting minion is blocked, before combat begins.

Neither CoT or Psy are mutually exclusive to Venenation by card text. They all require the minion gets blocked and that the action has not moved beyond the Block step. I don't see where Venenation cares whether the action gets canceled or not.

So, to be clear, if my minion performs some action that gets blocked and that minion plays Venenation, THEN CoT or Psy, it seems a valid play from card text.

RY
Last edit: 24 May 2019 16:36 by Robba Yaga. Reason: Clarification
The following user(s) said Thank You: Palamedes

More
24 May 2019 22:25 #95075 by Ankha

So, to be clear, if my minion performs some action that gets blocked and that minion plays Venenation, THEN CoT or Psy, it seems a valid play from card text.

Correct (my first answer).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
26 May 2019 20:28 #95084 by narpassword

I don't see where Venenation cares whether the action gets canceled or not.

You have to play venenation first.

Venenation cares if the action is cancelled simple because it is an action modifier.
If the action is canceled, there is no action left to modify.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds