file Newbie weekly doubts strikes again.

21 Jun 2019 02:10 #95554 by Zouse
Hello fellas.
Coming back again with a few more questions which appear on last games. This Game brings more questions thank human philosophy.

- Carolina Valez. (Lasombra) . Its inmune to damage from allies and retainers. That incluye their weapons?
The question is, if the damage Came from a nephandos with cóctel. The damage is not itself from that Ally hand, its from the weapon so...its inmune or not?

- a Guy make a move with a salubri. One of his vampires make an attempt to take the sword from another of his vampires. He said is a directed action agaisnt me, so cannot be blocked...thats correct?

- I going to take a equipment, my prey used Wakes of the evening, we go combat and I used my shadow body (continúe as if unblocked) he said he can still stop me because of the previous wakes. Thats correct?

Thank you very much to all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2019 05:44 #95555 by the1andonlime

Hello fellas.
Coming back again with a few more questions which appear on last games. This Game brings more questions thank human philosophy.

- Carolina Valez. (Lasombra) . Its inmune to damage from allies and retainers. That incluye their weapons?
The question is, if the damage Came from a nephandos with cóctel. The damage is not itself from that Ally hand, its from the weapon so...its inmune or not?

Yes, the strike is still from the Nephandus

- a Guy make a move with a salubri. One of his vampires make an attempt to take the sword from another of his vampires. He said is a directed action agaisnt me, so cannot be blocked...thats correct?

No, it is an undirected equip action.

6.1.3. Equip (+1 stealth)
To equip with an equipment card currently possessed by one of your other minions, lock the acting minion (the minion who is attempting to get the equipment) and announce the equipment card he is getting. More than one equipment card can be taken from a minion in a single action. If the action is unsuccessful, the equipment remains where it is.

- I going to take a equipment, my prey used Wakes of the evening, we go combat and I used my shadow body (continúe as if unblocked) he said he can still stop me because of the previous wakes. Thats correct?

Yes, the wake is valid for the entire action

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
21 Jun 2019 05:48 #95556 by Luriel
Greetings,

To your Carolina Valez question, I would say yes.

In the case of non enviromental damage, that damage comes always from the opposing minion, if that minion is an ally, Carolina is inmune. It doesn't matter if that damage is a hand strike for the ally's strength, an strike given by their own text or a weapon strike.
In the case of enviromental damage, if that damage comes from a retainer, she is also inmune. The best example that comes to mind would be a Ghoul Retainer using one of their owner weapons, even in that case she would be inmune.

I'm not sure what do you mean with your second question. In the case of a minion taking an equipment from another of their controller's minion, the action is undirected and can be blocked both by their prey and predator (giving each one the chance to block in that order).

To your third question the answer is also yes, he can block. Any reaction and action modifier cards are still in play when the action continues as unblocked after playing that shadow body. So, if he was able to block while locked before that first combat, he still is able to do so. Both of you can chose to play more reactions/action modifiers to change that (keeping in mind that neither of you can repeat any previously played card

More
21 Jun 2019 07:19 - 21 Jun 2019 07:34 #95560 by Bloodartist

If an ally strikes with a weapon, it is still damage dealt by the ally. Carolina would be immune to it. The only damage NOT dealt by the minion itself in combat is environmental damage. (such as carrion crows, but I can't remember cards that allies could play that would deal environmental damage)

This question is confusing. Did you make a typo? (is = isn't a)

If your vampire attempts to equip a weapon from one of your other minions, it is an undirected action (at +1 stealth as equip actions are). It can be attempted to block by your predator or prey.
An action is a directed action only if it targets, chooses, or affects cards controlled by OTHER methuselahs, or is targeted at another methuselah.

Correct. A wake card will grant that vampire the right to block for the the entire duration of the action. Even if the first block failed, the locked vampire who used wake still has the right to block as if unlocked, so he can block a second time.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 21 Jun 2019 07:34 by Bloodartist.

More
21 Jun 2019 09:11 #95561 by Zouse
Thank you very much with your answers. It was perfectly clear. Just now finish a Game and two more questions Came. Sorry for be annoying:

- a Minion takes a Direct action of enter in combat against one locked vampire of mine. Its succesful and we combat. Can I play obedience? Or not because Im locked?

- second: under siege...can I still use It to win +1 intercept even if My vampire is unlocked? And also can I use It to unlock but not trying to block, just to Bounce a bleed? Or if I catch my Predator with this +1 intercept I must go to combat.

More
21 Jun 2019 11:01 - 21 Jun 2019 11:07 #95562 by Bloodartist

- a Minion takes a Direct action of enter in combat against one locked vampire of mine. Its succesful and we combat. Can I play obedience? Or not because Im locked?

In order to play reaction cards, you have to be unlocked or have played a wake card. (Unless the card says otherwise) So the answer is no.

- second: under siege...can I still use It to win +1 intercept even if My vampire is unlocked?

Yes. Its not illegal to unlock an unlocked vampire.

And also can I use It to unlock but not trying to block, just to Bounce a bleed? Or if I catch my Predator with this +1 intercept I must go to combat.

Under siege reads: "unlock and attempt to block", so you must attempt to block if you use it. If your intercept is sufficient, block is successful and you will enter combat, want it or not. (unless you play obedience etc ofc) Same applies to every other "unlock and attempt to block" reaction.

There exist cards that unlock you but don't force you to block, such as guard dogs. There is a difference.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 21 Jun 2019 11:07 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds