file multiple questions

30 Jun 2019 23:14 #95682 by blackday
multiple questions was created by blackday
We have several questions regarding certain cards.
1 Marthe Dizier vs !Sal. Combat about to end. Marthe plays psyche. !sal plays death seeker to cancel Psyche. Is the Psyche played? Can Marthe use her ability to retrieve psyche again using her ability? Same question if cancelled with Direct Intervention.
Name: Marthe Dizier
[Gehenna:U]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Toreador antitribu
Group: 3
Capacity: 10
Discipline: pro AUS CEL OBF PRE
Sabbat. Black Hand: When a combat involving Marthe ends, she can burn a blood to move a card she played during that combat from your ash heap to your hand. +1 bleed.

Name: Death Seeker
[HttB:C/B2/PSal2]
Cardtype: Combat
Clan: Salubri antitribu
Cost: 1 blood
A vampire can play only one Death Seeker each round.
Cancel a combat card played by the opposing minion as it is played, and its cost is not paid.

2. If Hide the Heart is played against an ally like an Imbued. The Imbued cannot pay with its life right? And so the action fails?
Name: Hide the Heart
[HttB:C/B2/PSal2]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Valeren/Auspex
[aus] Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[val] The action fails, unless the acting minion burns 1 blood. Only one Hide the Heart can be played at [val] each action.
[VAL] Reduce a bleed against you by 2, or lock to reduce a bleed against any Methuselah by 2.

3. If a Red List vampire (Vamp A) attempts to diablerize a vampire lets say Vamp B, but gets blocked by another vampire (designation Vamp C). During the combat Vamp C is sent to torpor and an Amaranth is played by Vamp A. Can Vamp A play Rebirth since it was blocked during a diablerie attempt?
I was thinking No, since Amaranth is not a diablerie action.

Name: Rebirth
[KMW:R/PAn]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Requires a Red List minion. Only usable when a diablerie action is successful.
No blood hunt may be called, and this vampire unlocks. A vampire can play only one Rebirth each turn.

4. Follow up question can you use Rebirth in conjunction with Abactor?
Name: Abactor
[Promo-20090401]
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth{} action.
{Hunt at +4 hunt}. After successful resolution, a referendum is called to call a blood hunt on this vampire (independent of the action, just as if {they} had committed diablerie).

5. When you cancel a minion card with DI can you play the same card?
I remember a ruling where it said for actions and combat cards you could play the same card cancelled but not for action modifiers. and in special cases like the wording of Immortal grapple where the 2nd grapple would be prohibited from playing.
Am i correct in my understanding?
Could somebody point me to this ruling.

Name: Direct Intervention
[Sabbat:U, SW:PB, Third:U]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a minion card as it is played. No cost is paid. (If it was an action card, the acting minion doesn't lock. If it was a strike card, the minion chooses another strike.)

6. Leopold Valdemar ability can be used on allies right? steal life instead of blood right?
Just like all steal blood effects? Can you use steal blood on retainers?

Name: Lord Leopold Valdemar
[SP:PoS2]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Lasombra
Group: 5
Capacity: 8
Discipline: cel dom obf OBT POT
Sabbat priscus: Leopold can strike, ranged: steal 2 blood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtroyve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2019 02:54 - 01 Jul 2019 02:56 #95689 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic multiple questions
I'll attempt to anser to the best of my knowledge - though you may want something more official.

1:
Psyche is played, then cancelled as it is played (but the game still sees it as played).
I'd say she can retrieve the card using her ability (but wouldn't be able to play it as her ability is when the combat ends, and you'd need to pa,y the psych before that)

2:
AFAIK imbued (and any allies) can not 'burn blood' - ill look for a ruling after posting.

3:
Rebirth says "Only usable when a diablerie action is successful."
if your diablerie action was blocked, it was not a successful diablerie action. (cannot play rebirth)

4:
Abactor is a hunt action, not a diablerie action - same applies as above.

5:
NRA does not prevent the card being played again if it is an action card as NRA doesnt 'kick in' until action resolution (ie successful or blocked).
However the DI'd card is still seen as 'played' by the game.
So any normal restrictions about a card only being able to be played once stand. Ie you cannot play the same action modifier in the same action, and cannot play the same reaction etc. (and that included things like IG where it says may only play one)

6:
Steal blood can be used on allies:
6.4.5. Strike Effects: "Steal Blood. This effect moves blood counters (or life counters) from the target to the striking minion."
6.4.7. Retainers and Combat: mentions targetting them, but not if you can steal. however, they have life and i imagine stealing it is a legitimate option.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2019 02:56 by narpassword.

More
01 Jul 2019 06:26 #95690 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic multiple questions

I'll attempt to anser to the best of my knowledge - though you may want something more official.

1:
Psyche is played, then cancelled as it is played (but the game still sees it as played).
I'd say she can retrieve the card using her ability (but wouldn't be able to play it as her ability is when the combat ends, and you'd need to pa,y the psych before that)

2:
AFAIK imbued (and any allies) can not 'burn blood' - ill look for a ruling after posting.

3:
Rebirth says "Only usable when a diablerie action is successful."
if your diablerie action was blocked, it was not a successful diablerie action. (cannot play rebirth)

4:
Abactor is a hunt action, not a diablerie action - same applies as above.

5:
NRA does not prevent the card being played again if it is an action card as NRA doesnt 'kick in' until action resolution (ie successful or blocked).
However the DI'd card is still seen as 'played' by the game.
So any normal restrictions about a card only being able to be played once stand. Ie you cannot play the same action modifier in the same action, and cannot play the same reaction etc. (and that included things like IG where it says may only play one)

6:
Steal blood can be used on allies:
6.4.5. Strike Effects: "Steal Blood. This effect moves blood counters (or life counters) from the target to the striking minion."
6.4.7. Retainers and Combat: mentions targetting them, but not if you can steal. however, they have life and i imagine stealing it is a legitimate option.

All correct. And yes, you can "steal blood" from retainers (at long range).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: narpassword

More
01 Jul 2019 07:04 #95691 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic multiple questions
Thanks so much

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds