file First Tradition and Unlock Phase

30 Jul 2019 21:14 #96033 by Timo

Realitsitcally the only way to clean up the rules is do a reset or errata every old card.

Would you enjoy playing this game you are talking about ?

I know I wouldn't... I want to play this game as it is.

I don't like complicated rules for the sake of it but yes, it is a deep and complicated game and I enjoy it this way...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2019 21:48 #96034 by Mewcat
That is a false equivalence. Poor templating and unclear rules do not lead to strategic depth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
30 Jul 2019 23:53 #96035 by Timo

That is a false equivalence. Poor templating and unclear rules do not lead to strategic depth.

I agree.

But you propose a reset or an arrata of every old card.

So the game would be kind of different don't you think ? Like by a lot...

More
31 Jul 2019 01:11 #96037 by Mewcat
It's not so much that I proposed it here, just that im saying we won't ever get rid of the clutter otherwise.

More
31 Jul 2019 01:24 - 31 Jul 2019 01:26 #96038 by self biased

I agree.

But you propose a reset or an arrata of every old card.

So the game would be kind of different don't you think ? Like by a lot...

the way I see it here are the options we as a community have:

Keep the core mechanics, but otherwise give the game a hard reset. Take all the cards you own and have a bonfire. Buy new cards and complain about cash grabs, or ragequit.

Errata old cards to be useful. Complain that the old cards still exist and that having multiple versions of the same card are confusing to new players. Complain that issuing errata is just a cash grab to get us to buy new cards, or ragequit.

Do nothing, the game is perfect as it is. Complain that new cards being released are overpowered and just a cash grab to get us to buy new cards and make old cards obsolete. Ragequit.

every time this comes up it goes around in circles and reminds me of this scene:
Clearly I cannot choose the wine in front of you
Last edit: 31 Jul 2019 01:26 by self biased.

More
31 Jul 2019 06:59 - 31 Jul 2019 07:00 #96040 by Tadori
Lets be honest. VTES needs a huge amount of reprints if we want to have new players in community. Currently ebay is our major source of cards.

I think at one point there should be some kind of reprint bundle that is not a pre construct. But a newbie expansion that will include all old and necessary cards to upgrade a starter, maybe a bundle for each main discipline.

This will create an opportunity to have an old cards updates and clarifications.
Last edit: 31 Jul 2019 07:00 by Tadori.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds