file A monthly doubts for rookie

24 Jul 2019 04:36 - 24 Jul 2019 04:36 #95940 by Zouse
Hi guys, after a few more games a new set of doubts appears. Appreciate the help of all you.

1. A Minion cannot play same reaction card during the same action, so deflect, and deflect again if the bleed come back is not possible BUT modifiers can be played with the same card at mayor and minor. For example play a shadow play at +2 stealth and then again at +1 stealth if still need more?

2. Polítical action kindred segregation doesnt Burn allies which cost vampire Blood and no pool right? Like shambling bordes.

3. Lets said im making an action to equip, and my prey uses a QUI and blocked me. I use my shadow body to combat end+ action continúes as if unblocked. Does he still can block with the same vampire as he used a QUI? If so...shadow body using like that is just a way to try to fish a stealth with the replacement right?

4. If somebody use a bum Rush or Deep song to enter in combat with my unlocked vampire. If nobody blocks, do It have to lock my Minion un that combat?

Appreciate all your answers. Cheers
Last edit: 24 Jul 2019 04:36 by Zouse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2019 05:49 #95943 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic A monthly doubts for rookie
If referring to a card (like Shadow Body, Bum's Rush and Deep Song in this post) it is good form to copy the relevant card texts in the post...

DISCLAIMER:
James probably has some way better ways to answer the questions and can probably find some instances where my answers aren't at least totally correct. :)

1. No. Action modifier have the same "once per action per minion" restriction. Do notice that one sort of the exceptions to this is Cloak the Gathering as several different minions can play it to modify the action. (Do remember that your OTHER minions could use the same Reaction card that changes the target of the bleed. That is if your minion A has Deflected and the bleed gets bounced back to you, your minion B can Deflect it, etc.)

2. Only Allies that have Pool cost are burned. So "yes".

3: Yes. And if the blocking minion Waked he is still eligible to use that Wake effect until the end of the action resolution in which instance Shadow Body might not be the best of choices except, as you say, to fish more Stealth. (But if it was an unlocked minion who was blocking it would need a Wake card to try to block the action after Shadow Body).

4. No and yes. You only need to lock minion in such case if there is a card telling so. (probably confusing this because if you BLOCK you obviously tap and enter combat). Bums Rush doesn't say this, but Deep Song Does ("Enter combat with and lock any vampire.")

If someone enters combat with your minion, you do not tap unless a card says so. You COULD block the action in order to avoid, say, Bum's Rush or Deep Song do other things (grant acting a maneuver to the attacker or DS ALSO considering you the acting minion, that is choosing the combat cards first.)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Jul 2019 06:28 - 24 Jul 2019 06:28 #95945 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic A monthly doubts for rookie

2. Polítical action kindred segregation doesnt Burn allies which cost vampire Blood and no pool right? Like shambling bordes.

2. Only Allies that have Pool cost are burned. So "yes".

You mean "no, KS doesn't burn allies which cost blood." In fact, it does, but their controller can pay 0 (their cost in pool to recruit) to keep them. Can be useful though if you want to sacrifice a Shambling to get a new one.

3. Lets said im making an action to equip, and my prey uses a QUI and blocked me. I use my shadow body to combat end+ action continúes as if unblocked. Does he still can block with the same vampire as he used a QUI? If so...shadow body using like that is just a way to try to fish a stealth with the replacement right?

3: Yes. And if the blocking minion Waked he is still eligible to use that Wake effect until the end of the action resolution in which instance Shadow Body might not be the best of choices except, as you say, to fish more Stealth. (But if it was an unlocked minion who was blocking it would need a Wake card to try to block the action after Shadow Body).

I don't know what is a QUI.
If it's a "wake" card (eg., On the Qui Vive), its effects last for the whole action. So if the action continues, the minion who has played a wake card can still attempt to block.
If it's a "unlock" card (eg., Black Sunrise), it unlocks the vampire when it is played, then the vampire locks for blocking and will require another effect to attempt to block if the action continues after the block.
As for trying to get stealth, it depends on the situation. Maybe the blocking minion played a card to attempt to unlock and block, in which case it makes sense to continue the action after the block since it's locked again. Or maybe it's just to cycle a card, and try to get some stealth.

4. Short answer is: entering combat with a minion doesn't lock that minion by default.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 Jul 2019 06:28 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds