file Card Questions

25 Jul 2019 08:11 - 25 Jul 2019 08:19 #95968 by blackday
Card Questions was created by blackday
I have several questions so please bear with me.
Sorry if the texts are wonky using a phone.

1. Vamp A plays dawn ops in superior while being blocked by Vamp B. Vamp A plays weather control. Vamp B plays Alpha Glint at superior before range.
What happens? Does the combat end without any vampire going to torpor or does only Vamp A?
And what about other effects that can end combat before range like Elysium or Purchase Pact.

Name: Alpha Glint [BH:C]
Cardtype: Combat Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Animalism & Fortitude
Not usable in combat with an ally or an older vampire. [ani][for] Strike: combat ends. [ANI][FOR] Only usable before range is determined. Combat ends.

Weather Control
Cardtype: Combat Discipline: Thaumaturgy
Only usable before range is determined on the first round. [tha] Both combatants and each of their retainers take 1 unpreventable damage before range is determined each round. A vampire may play only one Weather Control each combat. [THA] As above, but the amount of damage inflicted increases by 1 in each subsequent round.

Dawn Operation
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Fortitude
[for]If this action is blocked, all damage inflicted to vampires in the resulting combat is aggravated. Any vampire attempting to block may now choose not to block. [FOR] As above, but vampires attempting to block cannot back out.

Elysium: The Arboretum
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location.
Only usable when a Camarilla vampire you control is in combat with another Camarilla vampire. You may lock this card before range is determined to end combat. Any Camarilla vampire can call a referendum to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.

2. Josef von Bauren can be used multiple times if say you got more discard phase actions, or just once only? I wasnt sure if this was a during x do Y rules.

Josef von Bauren
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu
Group: 4
Capacity: 11
Discipline: cel ANI DEM OBF POT
Camarilla Nosferatu Inner Circle: You can use a discard phase action to discard 1 card at random from your predator or prey's hand. +1 bleed. +1 stealth.

3. Leadership vacuum on a priscus that was sent to torpor. Does it get any counters? Or just zero because prisci dont have inherent votes. I was thinking about a similar ruling with political struggle.

Leadership Vacuum
Cardtype: Master Master: out-of-turn.
Unique. Only usable when a ready titled vampire controlled by another Methuselah is burned or sent to torpor. Usable during your turn. Put this card in play and put X counters on this card where X is the number of votes that vampire has. That Methuselah burns X pool during each of his or her unlock phases. During his or her unlock phase, if he or she controls a ready vampire with a capacity of 8 or more or with a title, burn this card.

4. Similarly what happens when Leadership Vacuum is placed on Gerald Windham if there are four other titled vampires in play. Does leadership vacuum gain 4 counters or none.

Gerald Windham
Clan: Tremere
Group: 5
Capacity: 9
Discipline: AUS DOM FOR THA Camarilla: While Gerald has no title, he gets +1 vote for each ready titled vampire controlled by other Methuselahs. +1 stealth.

5. Possesion can bring a vampire in play and said vampire doesnt have to have been burned in play right?
Possession
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
[nec] Move a vampire from your ash heap to your uncontrolled region. [NEC] Move a vampire from your ash heap to your ready region and move 1 blood from the blood bank to the vampire.

6. If a vampire A which played Eternal Mask at superior gets an Anneke into play. But is removed from play by Golconda/Towers. What happens? I remember someone citing an old ruling by LSJ where the vampire brought in play by Eternal Mask stays in play permanently as the vampire A and eternal mask were already burned and would not activate.

The Eternal Mask
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Serpentis
+1 stealth action. [ser] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed. [SER] Put this card on this vampire and move a unique vampire from any ash heap to your ready region with any amount of blood from this acting vampire. The minion with this card cannot take actions, block, play reaction cards or cast votes or ballots. You may burn this card and the chosen vampire during any unlock phase.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2019 08:19 by blackday. Reason: Added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2019 08:35 - 25 Jul 2019 13:36 #95969 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Card Questions

I have several questions so please bear with me.
Sorry if the texts are wonky using a phone.

1. Vamp A plays dawn ops in superior while being blocked by Vamp B. Vamp A plays weather control. Vamp B plays Alpha Glint at superior before range.
What happens? Does the combat end without any vampire going to torpor or does only Vamp A?
And what about other effects that can end combat before range like Elysium or Purchase Pact.

You must handle the damage before ending the combat. So A and B take 1 unpreventable aggravated damage.

2. Josef von Bauren can be used multiple times if say you got more discard phase actions, or just once only? I wasnt sure if this was a during x do Y rules.

Since the word "during" doesn't appear in the sentence, it's certainly not a "during x do y" effect. You can use it multiple times.

3. Leadership vacuum on a priscus that was sent to torpor. Does it get any counters? Or just zero because prisci dont have inherent votes. I was thinking about a similar ruling with political struggle.

0 since a Priscus doesn't have votes.

4. Similarly what happens when Leadership Vacuum is placed on Gerald Windham if there are four other titled vampires in play. Does leadership vacuum gain 4 counters or none.

Gerald has 4 votes, so the LV gets 4 counters.
Gerald is not titled ("Only usable when a ready titled vampire controlled by another Methuselah is burned or sent to torpor.")

5. Possesion can bring a vampire in play and said vampire doesnt have to have been burned in play right?

Correct (cardtext).

6. If a vampire A which played Eternal Mask at superior gets an Anneke into play. But is removed from play by Golconda/Towers. What happens? I remember someone citing an old ruling by LSJ where the vampire brought in play by Eternal Mask stays in play permanently as the vampire A and eternal mask were already burned and would not activate.

It has no consequence on Anneke. (cardtext)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 25 Jul 2019 13:36 by Ankha.

More
25 Jul 2019 09:19 #95970 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Card Questions

Leadership Vacuum
Unique. Only usable when a ready titled vampire controlled by another Methuselah is burned or sent to torpor.[...]

Gerald Windham
Discipline: AUS DOM FOR THA Camarilla: While Gerald has no title, he gets +1 vote for each ready titled vampire controlled by other Methuselahs. +1 stealth.

Leadership Vacuum cannot be played when Gerald Windham goes to torpor, since Gerald is not titled.

Prince of Bonn, Germany
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snodig

More
25 Jul 2019 10:39 #95973 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Card Questions
Right. Sorry forgot about that part with Gerald.

More
25 Jul 2019 13:35 #95983 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Card Questions

Leadership Vacuum
Unique. Only usable when a ready titled vampire controlled by another Methuselah is burned or sent to torpor.[...]

Gerald Windham

Leadership Vacuum cannot be played when Gerald Windham goes to torpor, since Gerald is not titled.

Good catch, I checked that Gerald has still his votes in torpor, but didn't check the "only usable" part.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds